The Student Room Group
Reply 5660
ah crap, i just found out the PSU i ordered isnt compatible with the hard disk i've ordered....CRAP CRAP CRAP!
Reply 5661
Katie J
Yeah, but there's a lot of pressure on the little girl, she can't be more than 8 or 9. It's better for the parents, maybe not so for the child?
Would it follow that the hearing child would have greater trouble with their speach?

Wierd.......I always assumed that u'd rather have eyes than ears, unless you were born blind, after all you could get real good at lip reading...less so at speech.? :cool:

The hearing child would still be able to pick up speech at school....wouldnt it just be like learning two different languages simultaneously? If she grows up with it from an early age, she might feel it was her normal environment/part of everyday life...
Reply 5662
i'd rather have my eyes, it'd be frustrating not hearing what was going on, but not knowing what colour was, what objects looked like...it'd be awful.

the hearing child would pick up speech at school, but because speech wouldn't be normal for her at home, whereas it is for us, he/she would be slow to learn it. children always pick up language first from their parents, as for the child's first two years he/she wouldn't be with anyone else
I think I should have explained that my Grandma went blind and deaf, having experienced both she'd rather have her hearing back. It would be interesting to see what people born without both would say.
I am Chinese, didn't you know that Geoff?

Just came back from the bloody pissing award giving ceremonial evening thingy bop. Drunk two glasses of wine, one white, one red. Choked on the red wine, now my shirt is ruined. My vision is going blur, I think I'm drunk. Although someone who's drunk will never admit that he's drunk. Argh well. My Shirt ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Damn it!!

If I want to survive the next 3 years in Cambridge, I'll need sort out my drinking capacity.

So much for a computer science, my Windows Media Player doesn't work!! Crashes all the time, in fact every time it runs. Grrrr... hard drive crash.....
Katie J
I think I should have explained that my Grandma went blind and deaf, having experienced both she'd rather have her hearing back. It would be interesting to see what people born without both would say.

They can't say. They probably would show. But say? Sorry, just being a drunkard.
Camford
I am Chinese, didn't you know that Geoff?

Just came back from the bloody pissing award giving ceremonial evening thingy bop. Drunk two glasses of wine, one white, one red. Choked on the red wine, now my shirt is ruined. My vision is going blur, I think I'm drunk. Although someone who's drunk will never admit that he's drunk. Argh well. My Shirt ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Damn it!!

If I want to survive the next 3 years in Cambridge, I'll need sort out my drinking capacity.

So much for a computer science, my Windows Media Player doesn't work!! Crashes all the time, in fact every time it runs. Grrrr... hard drive crash.....

Your drinking abilities sound like mine!!
Camford
They can't say. They probably would show. But say? Sorry, just being a drunkard.

I did think that when I typed it, but I couldn't think what would be better! I'm not good at language type skills, I'm an archaeologist; I like soil and bits of pot, not correct word usage! :tongue:
Katie J
Your drinking abilities sound like mine!!

I remember drinking half a bottle when I was 14 and still feeling clear. But now... I'm getting sleepy.
Katie J
I did think that when I typed it, but I couldn't think what would be better! I'm not good at language type skills, I'm an archaeologist; I like soil and bits of pot, not correct word usage! :tongue:

I'm a compsci. I destory things... :redface:
Camford
I remember drinking half a bottle when I was 14 and still feeling clear. But now... I'm getting sleepy.

Most stuff I've tried I'm ok with, I can't take much though, and have never ever drunk much in one go! Wine just sends me to sleep though, two glasses and I'm like a sleepy zombie!!
Katie J
Most stuff I've tried I'm ok with, I can't take much though, and have never ever drunk much in one go! Wine just sends me to sleep though, two glasses and I'm like a sleepy zombie!!

Last Chritmas (before Christmas, rather) the supervisor came into the dining room with a bottle of whisky. He poured a plastic-cup-bottomful for everyone who's bothered to turn up at work that day. That stuff chokes.

Oh, almost forgot to mention this. I quit my job today. Looking forward to a night of very good sleep, hence the two glasses of wine and those garbage I just posted... *yawns. Camford goes to bed.*
Reply 5672
Katie J

wine is evil. it's foul tasting, gets me drunk really quickly, and to the point that it'l all come back out again

long live tia maria and baileys
priya
wine is evil. it's foul tasting, gets me drunk really quickly, and to the point that it'l all come back out again

long live tia maria and baileys

You've been drinking cheap wines, haven't you?

*Camford is drunk. His neck just could support the head any longer.*
Reply 5674
wine tastes urgh...dont know why people like it so much!
Reply 5675
Camford
You've been drinking cheap wines, haven't you?

*Camford is drunk. His neck just could support the head any longer.*

no i've had some apparantly very good wines...lots of shiraz cabernet (we have a lot of this at home) and some blossom hill white wine (i'm told it's good?) either way it was all horrible. blegh

willa- yey someone else who hates wine!! i'm very particular about my champagne as well...i know it's basically the same thing, but the only champagne i've ever found bearable was brut?i think that's what it was called
Wine is great but being a veggie I only really drink white. Champagne is also good *stands up and toast all those f*cking facist tories being blown up on the TV this evening especially Tebbit scum*.

I noww haave a quarter of a sock.

MB
Reply 5677
Dear me.....all yous ppl have got to change ur non-wine drinking ways before you get here....or u'll suffer :biggrin: :tongue: For some reason, probably cheapness, it's the student drink of choice...half the time anyway, the other half is beer n cocktails which you'll go off by the end of fresher's week!! :wink:

Having said that, i dont drink much red...stomach doesnt seem to like it very much :rolleyes: stick with a bottle o white!! :smile:

Cristal champagne is the best I've tasted!! At the Dos's house, seems to have a supply of it :biggrin:

Priya - Tia Maria's and Baileys?? Do ya just want a glass of milk :tongue: It'll be Smirnoff Ices next :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 5678
MadLy
Dear me.....all yous ppl have got to change ur non-wine drinking ways before you get here....or u'll suffer :biggrin: :tongue: For some reason, probably cheapness, it's the student drink of choice...half the time anyway, the other half is beer n cocktails which you'll go off by the end of fresher's week!! :wink:

Having said that, i dont drink much red...stomach doesnt seem to like it very much :rolleyes: stick with a bottle o white!! :smile:

Cristal champagne is the best I've tasted!! At the Dos's house, seems to have a supply of it :biggrin:

Priya - Tia Maria's and Baileys?? Do ya just want a glass of milk :tongue: It'll be Smirnoff Ices next :rolleyes: :biggrin:

scuse me?! i happen to think smirnoff ice is a very nice drink! :tongue: yeah i'm lightweight i know, but that's what i like, so deal with it :tongue:
priya
scuse me?! i happen to think smirnoff ice is a very nice drink! :tongue: yeah i'm lightweight i know, but that's what i like, so deal with it :tongue:

yes, a nice drink that rots children's teeth.

MB

Latest

Trending

Trending