The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Quinny
Can anybody tell me??!! Cant find out anywhere!!

Greater Manchester
Reply 2
that's because it's GREATER! :biggrin:
A more interesting question is where is London :biggrin:
Reply 4
NDGAARONDI
A more interesting question is where is London :biggrin:

Greater London, surrounded by the London Boroughs i think...
Reply 5
Greater Manchester is correct. Some ppl keep insisting its Lancashire tho. /Me looks at family
Reply 6
Some people think manchester is in lancashire? :eek: Okay - maybe if you live in, say, bury :tongue: . but manchester is definitely part of greater manchester! :biggrin:
Mad Vlad
Greater London, surrounded by the London Boroughs i think...

Well last time I thought it was mainly in Middlesex but knowing London it might cover Surrey and Essex too :biggrin:
Reply 8
shishi nee
Some people think manchester is in lancashire? :eek: Okay - maybe if you live in, say, bury :tongue: . but manchester is definitely part of greater manchester! :biggrin:

Before Gtr Manchester was created, Manchester was pretty much split into Lancashire and Cheshire. So its pretty understandable why people may still say it is part of Lancashire.
Reply 9
NDGAARONDI
Well last time I thought it was mainly in Middlesex but knowing London it might cover Surrey and Essex too :biggrin:

And Kent, methinks.
kingslaw
And Kent, methinks.

I was thinking that too :smile:
Reply 11
Penwong
Greater Manchester is correct. Some ppl keep insisting its Lancashire tho. /Me looks at family

If Manchester were to be in Lancashire, then the inevitable question rings: What the hell is located in Greater Manchester???
Reply 12
Yannis
If Manchester were to be in Lancashire, then the inevitable question rings: What the hell is located in Greater Manchester???

When Manchester was in partly in Lancashire, Greater Manchester didnt exist.
Reply 13
Quinny

Manchester is in greater New Hampshire
Reply 14
Quinny

lol
Reply 15
kingslaw
When Manchester was in partly in Lancashire, Greater Manchester didnt exist.

It wasn't meant to be a generally inquisitive post, but rather more of a fun one.
Douglas
Manchester is in greater New Hampshire

Birmingham is on the moon too.
Postally its lancashire in the north, cheshire in the south. administratively its greater manchester. if you go in even further detail, parts of the area that are postally manchester, are administratively parts of the boroughs surrounding-oldham, rochdale etc.

my address is middleton, which is part of rochdale, then manchester, lancashire. even though we're under oldham council and actually live in chadderton :confused:
Reply 18
NDGAARONDI
Birmingham is on the moon too.

Fo' real :eek: ??
jumpunderaboat
Fo' real :eek: ??

There is a Birmingham on the Moon apparently. Someone said about Manchester being in New Hampshire, which is in the USA, so I used another English place name outside of England :biggrin:

Latest