The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5780
mockel
don't know about it being in the VIP area, but it must be a roma fan since the club are now gonna get heavily punished

I doubt it somehow. If it was in an English stadium then they'd come down on us like a ton of bricks. But mainland Europe gets away with murder with UEFA and FIFA, particularly big teams like Roma.
ZJuwelH
I doubt it somehow. If it was in an English stadium then they'd come down on us like a ton of bricks. But mainland Europe gets away with murder with UEFA and FIFA, particularly big teams like Roma.

But Roma were on their last warning after the Lazio match.....
ZJuwelH

well, a roma spokesman says they may face a fine up to €20M....it's the second time frisk (referee) has been invloved in an incident such as this with roma
well, the match's classy...wonderful
mockel
well, a roma spokesman says they may face a fine up to €20M....it's the second time frisk (referee) has been invloved in an incident such as this with roma

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you saw the same quote I did - that the incident 'may cost them €20M' - if it is then he was basically saying if they get thrown out of the Champions League they'll lose that amount, rather than them being fined it.
Reply 5785
now i think it is a roma fan, but yesterday i heard that it was a lazio fan in the stadium
Reply 5786
i predicted it to be a mis match, aus were always gona be too strong

andy symonds proved yet again why he is a top all rounder in odi cricket
I remember reading about him when I was about six, and I've always wanted to know what happened to him. It's hard to forget such a wacky name. I recall him saying that his gf wanted him to choose her or the footballing... he chose football :tongue:

*edit* Aha! Found something... last year he was playing for a Sunday league London team. Not exactly Chelsea eh? Kind of sad that a teenager should be piled with so much pressure only to fall apart.

http://www.cumbria-online.co.uk/viewarticle.asp?id=105484
Reply 5788
Xenon
I reckon Liverpool will be 3rd, though I don't mind if it's Man U. I reckon it'll be Arsenal 1st, Chelsea 2nd, Man U 3rd and Liverpool 4th.

Liverpool! I reckon we have a good chance of finishing third this season, if we get our act together and stop losing against teams like Bolton. We played excellently yesterday and hopefully that's a sign of things to come. The match against utd on monday is important, if we win that (sorry, WHEN we win that) we will be up to third. So things are looking good! Especially if we strengthen during the transfer window. Utd are terrible at the moment. Arsenal seem untouchable, they're win the title easily (and I really hope they do, I really don't want Chelsea to win it).
goldenbarnes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you saw the same quote I did - that the incident 'may cost them €20M' - if it is then he was basically saying if they get thrown out of the Champions League they'll lose that amount, rather than them being fined it.

really?
i'm not very good with these 'cryptic' messages :redface: - people should just tell it to me straight! :biggrin:
but after re-reading the quote, it still looks like a fine to me: "We could now face a fine of 20 million euros" since they actually use the word 'fine'...but you're probably right
Reply 5790
Whos your favorite cricketer from each test playing nation ? im bored and wanted to make a thread :tongue: and this way no one will be biased towards naming 5 out of their 6 favorite players from their own country :rolleyes: :biggrin:

in order of ODI rankings

Australia : Damien Martyn
Sri Lanka : Marvan Attapatu
New Zealand : Stephen Fleming
PaKistan : Yousuf Youhana
india : Rahul Dravid
South Africa : Gary Kirsten
England: freddi Flintoff
West Indies: Brian Lara
Zimbabwe: Chingumbura
Bangladesh : M Rafique
ha! It always feels great to beat the Kiwis... :biggrin:
Reply 5792
i went to chandigarh this summer and went to the mohali cricket stadium, unfortunately there were no matches on at the time that i went. also visited yuvrajs singhs petrol station, well the one that his dad owns anyway. kapil dev also has his own restaurant in chandigarh.
Reply 5793
i have been to tha punjab ca stadium at mohali, watched a test between england and india in 2001, we won by 10 wickets:smile:
Reply 5794
pakistan owns india mate.
Reply 5795
cricket owns... simple.
2nd most popular sport behind football ^^^^
Reply 5796
ravs
all u need to know is that cricket is the greatest sport, thats the bottom line:smile:

it is not only the greatest sport, but the most interesting sport KNOWN TO MANKNID!!! It will take football one day.... just you watch :biggrin:
Reply 5797
errrrrrrrrrr, NO!

pakistan have won 2 games in a row over us so they think they own us? we beat you over a WHOLE series in your own backyard in odi cricket

and lets not forget, test cricket is real cricket, it is the real 'test', hence the name, and we HAMEMRED you again in your own backyard in pakistan, so goodness knows we are a better test side, and that matters more.

in odi cricket india and pakistan are about the same when at full strength but in test cricket ( again i emphasise the real test) india are quite a bit ahed of pakistan
Reply 5798
well tomorow guys is sunday... the day that most of us have been lookin forward to for a loonnnng time. Who will have the edge? You decide.
Reply 5799
who will win? MALAYSIA! hahaha :biggrin:

Latest