The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
do you know when the freshers week at plymouth is?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, Plymouyh is my first choice for when i go next year, i am currently on a gap year and would like to know what it is like.

I was thinking of studying Tourism Management (BA Hons), so if someone else is doing this also can you tell me what it is like.

I'm at Plymouth doing Medialab Arts. And there I thought i was the only person in the whole damn city to have intertnet access, judging by the usual lack of a web-presence for people around here.
FerretMessiah
I'm at Plymouth doing Medialab Arts. And there I thought i was the only person in the whole damn city to have intertnet access, judging by the usual lack of a web-presence for people around here.

I was thinking the same thing!

Nice to see that there is some Plym Students on here!
Clara_Bell_Plym
I was thinking the same thing!

Nice to see that there is some Plym Students on here!

What course are you on down here?
Im Doin the Ocean Exploration Course, 2nd Yr, what year you in?
Reply 7
Helloo! I'm at Plymouth Uni too! Are you guys staying in halls? I'm in Radnor.
Clara_Bell_Plym
Im Doin the Ocean Exploration Course, 2nd Yr, what year you in?

Also second year.

NikNak
Helloo! I'm at Plymouth Uni too! Are you guys staying in halls? I'm in Radnor.

I was in Robins hall last year, renting a flat this year up North Hill.
Reply 9
Not at PLymouth Uni, but at Marjons and I live in PLymouth.....
Reply 10
im in plymouth. in gilwell hall. what courses are u doin?
Moochy
im in plymouth. in gilwell hall. what courses are u doin?

I was In Gilwell last year, I was 1E kitchen, lol.... to get to our bit u had to go to the 2nd floor, along a corridor, and then down again!!!
Reply 12
yeh im nr there. 1F i think our kitchen is.. summat F anyway.
Are u living in a house now? whats it like? whats prices like?
Moochy
yeh im nr there. 1F i think our kitchen is.. summat F anyway.
Are u living in a house now? whats it like? whats prices like?

Yeah im living in a house, prices not too bad, im living in St Judes, its about a 15min walk from the uni.

Prices are £191PCM for rent, we got broadband too, thats £13.00 a month for each of us, gas, electricity and water is bout £30 for the month, but there are better prices around, we decided not to go for student accommodation, so were all renting a huge house, hence why costs are a bit more!!!

its a good house, free parking for my car on street lovely garden convinient location, all in all, good value for money!
Reply 14
Do they have broadband access in any of the rooms in the halls? i hope they do because it would be easier to do research on the internet without having to go to the library or something.
Reply 15
yeh. ResNet its a bit annoying tho cus some thing are blocked and u cant download music and stuff. its fast tho... and u can be in the net in bed - like i am now.
At last people goin to Plymouth i found you! I wanna do Psychology Nxt year any one know ne thin about it? whats the acom and food like (the way to chose my uni is highly based on the quailty of food) is the social scene good and has anyone gone on a placement year? im thinking of going on one to America in 3rd year.
Reply 17
I have a couple of friends taking psychology in Y2, some find it enjoyable but some say a lot of the course content is irrelevant, it's probably typical of any course though. There is no food if you are looking for catered accommodation, at least there wasn't last year, the social scene is great, this is mainly due to the number of students at the university and the incredibly low cost of alcohol.

The union and student pubs always have plenty of offers on drinks most days of the week e.g. double vodka and coke for £1.50 on fridays and £1/drink on tuesdays. Away from the campus there are plenty of cheap clubs but I haven't really been impressed, the locals can be hostile to students and some areas of Plymouth are far from safe at night. The cost of living is very low because Plymouth is fairly run down, a lot is being rebuilt which will hopefully have a positive impact on the local economy but I wouldn't expect much improvement in the next few years.
Reply 18
I'm hoping to hear from Plymouth in the near future :smile: so far it is my first choice and getting better by the minute :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending