The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
chats
woah! I just realised. it cant be that small, unless the AT's have magnifying glasses :smile:

I recon this whole 'reducing' thing is just the AT's way of making sure people don't write tons about themselves....assuming they even read them :rolleyes:
Reply 41
LS.
I recon this whole 'reducing' thing is just the AT's way of making sure people don't write tons about themselves....assuming they even read them :rolleyes:

lol.

is PQ a admissions tutor or something?

Well it does say on the ucas site the personal statement will be reduced by half.
LS.

they do...that's why the P.S. has to grap their attention or else you can kiss the offer goodbye.
Reply 43
PQ is UKL/TSR's stats queen! She's very helpful when it comes to questions on UCAS.

eurasianfeline
which comes to about wat size?

I have no idea. it's small, but can be read (TNR 12). I'll check out what font size 11.5 and 10 look like on reduced size...
chats
lol.

is PQ a admissions tutor or something?

Well it does say on the ucas site the personal statement will be reduced by half.

UCAS must be nuts.

I can imagine the AT holding a magnifying glass and reading our PS haha
Reply 45
Ok, presuming that reducing it in the aforementioned way is how the AT's see it:

TNR 12 - Very readable

TNR 11 - Quite a bit smalller. Still readable, but a noticable difference from 12

TNR 10 - Tiny but readable. Might be an idea to supply a magnifying glass with this copy, just incase the AT doesn't have good eyesight.
Reply 46
LS.
TNR 10 - Tiny but readable. Might be an idea to supply a magnifying glass with this copy, just incase the AT doesn't have good eyesight.

where shall I attach the magnifying glass?
Reply 47
chats
where shall I attach the magnifying glass?

With some sticky back plastic, of course :wink:

Seriously, if you are using TNR 10 (if reducing it this way gives a realistic impression) it is readable, but I would only use if you really need the space.
LS.

Seriously, if you are using TNR 10 (if reducing it this way gives a realistic impression) it is readable, but I would only use if you really need the space.

i'm using 11. :tongue:
Reply 49
LS.

I am going to use point 12. how did you work out how the AT's are going to see it?
Reply 50
chats
I am going to use point 12. how did you work out how the AT's are going to see it?

There is a photocopy function which changes a4 to a3. Ask your teacher to do test it out.
When your PS is reduced it is only reduced by about 70%

Width 297mm/420mm = 0.71

Height 210mm/297mm = 0.71

HTH :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending