The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mark_KK
Are their any laws prohibiting an 18yr old ex A-level student from having a relationship with an ex teacher?

No.
Reply 2
Mark_KK
Are their any laws prohibiting an 18yr old ex A-level student from having a relationship with an ex teacher?

If you have been taught by the teacher then you cannot have a relationship with them ever, even if you are over 18.
wiwarin_mir
If you have been taught by the teacher then you cannot have a relationship with them ever, even if you are over 18.

well thats if ppl knw that she was ur teacher!
Reply 4
...GiNuWiNe...
well thats if ppl knw that she was ur teacher!

That is regradless. New laws brought in mean that you can never have a relationship with someone you have been taught or have been taught by.
Reply 5
wiwarin_mir
That is regradless. New laws brought in mean that you can never have a relationship with someone you have been taught or have been taught by.

Why is that? Its stupid, I mean the student makes the decision to have a relationship with a person, its not like a persons "teacher status" has some taboo or influence making a relationship bad? :tsr:
Reply 6
Saagar
Why is that? Its stupid, I mean the student makes the decision to have a relationship with a person, its not like a persons "teacher status" has some taboo or influence making a relationship bad? :tsr:

I do not know, but they are new laws that have been past.
Reply 7
wiwarin_mir

laws today :rolleyes:

i kind of feel sorry for you wiwarin mir, everything you say i seem to say the opposite but im not trying to be annoying i think it is weird to have laws on who you can date. But also weird that you would want to date your teacher :confused:
Reply 8
eric bischoff

i kind of feel sorry for you wiwarin mir, everything you say i seem to say the opposite but im not trying to be annoying i think it is weird to have laws on who you can date. But also weird that you would want to date your teacher :confused:

I do not wish to date any of my teachers (well, I have no teachers at present), so it doesn't matter.
Reply 9
wiwarin_mir

When did they pass that?

Anyway, you can - you just don't get caught :rolleyes:
Reply 10
wiwarin_mir
I do not wish to date any of my teachers (well, I have no teachers at present), so it doesn't matter.

LMAO! the way you said that! you just said it like nothing has happened. Anyway, there are some fit teachers in my school but no way would i date them! :eek:
MadNatSci
When did they pass that?

Anyway, you can - you just don't get caught :rolleyes:

You could do anything as long as you don't get caught, but that still doesn't make it legal.
eric bischoff

But also weird that you would want to date your teacher :confused:

i know what you mean. I've never fancied any of my teachers. I don't look at them in that way. God, how awkward would that be? :eek: :rolleyes:
wiwarin_mir
You could do anything as long as you don't get caught, but that still doesn't make it legal.

Ah, but you can still do it - there are no physical barriers :wink: Doesn't make it right, mind.

I repeat, when did they pass that law? If it is phrased as you say it would make university relationships with supervisors/lecturers illegal. Which is frankly stupid and definitely unrealistic.
Cellardore
i know what you mean. I've never fancied any of my teachers. I don't look at them in that way. God, how awkward would that be? :eek: :rolleyes:

My old tech teacher..now my registration teacher is well stunning! :tongue:
Also my old Science teacher. :biggrin:
Reply 15
MadNatSci

I repeat, when did they pass that law? If it is phrased as you say it would make university relationships with supervisors/lecturers illegal. Which is frankly stupid and definitely unrealistic.

One of my old lecturers married one of his old students!
Another one had a lot of 'relationships' with his students. He was a creepy creepy guy!
need_money
My old tech teacher..now my registration teacher is well stunning! :tongue:
Also my old Science teacher. :biggrin:

Does that not make concentrating difficult? If one of my teachers was Johnny Depp (hypothetically) or looked extremely alike, phoawrrrrr!
wiwarin_mir

Ummm. Unless you're playing around please point to me legislation which states it is illegal for what Mark_KK said. Although if he's studying Law at university he could do some research under sexual offences :tongue:
frost105
One of my old lecturers married one of his old students!
Another one had a lot of 'relationships' with his students. He was a creepy creepy guy!

A few of our lecturers/tutors did the same thing. It's definitely frowned upon here, but still making it illegal would be madness. Once you get to university I think it's completely up to you. While you're still at school it's a bit different - apart from anything else it's much easier for the relationship to be a controlling and unhealthy one. (once bitten twice shy)
Reply 19
MadNatSci
A few of our lecturers/tutors did the same thing. It's definitely frowned upon here, but still making it illegal would be madness. Once you get to university I think it's completely up to you. While you're still at school it's a bit different - apart from anything else it's much easier for the relationship to be a controlling and unhealthy one. (once bitten twice shy)

Its very wrong what Dr creepy was doing. we used to see him in Liverpool all the time in Edwards and that on his own perving up the girls!
The other lecturer was actually quite cool but there was a 15 year age gap between him and his wife!

Latest

Trending

Trending