The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Katie Heskins
yeah I put "more info needed" coz 13 and 19 year olds are both teenagesr

i did the same fing.it should be right
Reply 41
Me 2 - glad to see that sum1 agrees about 19yo's being teenagers!!
Reply 42
C4>O7
13 teenager: 19 adult

no, nineteen ends with teen, therefore it is still teenager
Reply 43
Hehe now if this were a real exam then we would have people proof reading and not allowing questions like this as it could be misunderstood!!
Reply 44
Yer thats probably right actually
Just I've always considered 18 y.o.s as adults

The question would be equally difficult and equally ambiguous if it were 'Are 19 year olds teenagers?'

..takes a real mathmo..
Reply 45
i m a bit confused about 3rd question, about lollies. so wat was it?I put 3/4
wat about u?
Reply 46
I got more information needed for that as well. For some of the others I did stupid things... like missing out 23, 34 etc by accident in the question where you had to work out the number of numbers made of consectutive digits, bit stupid of me really. :tongue:

For the S x M x C = 240 one, I got the numbers to be 4, 6 and 10, so they add up to 20. I can't remember the others :redface:
Reply 47
Yer i completely choked on that one for some reason
i remember i put 4/5 i tried all of them and that was the only one that worked
Reply 49
I put 4/5

If you count t = 0 as starting time and t = 1 as when millie finishes then at t = 0.8 millie will have 20% of her lolly left - i.e. she's eaten 80%. Mollie will have eaten half of that - i.e. 40% - so she will have 60% left. (i.e. t = 0.8 is when Mollie has 3 times what millie does). At this point Millie has eaten 80% = 4/5

Now go on someone and disprove me. That's another 1 i was vaguely proud of...
Reply 50
damaster275
i remember i put 4/5 i tried all of them and that was the only one that worked

r u talking about 3rd question? if yes,how could it be 4/5?i thought mollyhas eaten 3/4 and has 1/4 left, because milly has 3 times more left
Reply 51
me!

For the S x M x C = 240 one, I got the numbers to be 4, 6 and 10, so they add up to 20. I can't remember the others :redface:

Yup i got 20 with the same numbers for S M + C :smile:
Reply 52
lol, apprently I ve used completely different method,lol. dont blame me i m only year 11 student.
IZZY!
r u talking about 3rd question? if yes,how could it be 4/5?i thought milly has eaten 3/4 and has 1/4 left, because lilly has 3 times more left

huh?
Reply 54
damaster275
huh?

lol, i used this method,lol. probably the one u r talking about is right and mine is wrong.
hey wot did u guys gety for question 12? the one about the polyhedron
Reply 56
damaster275
hey wot did u guys gety for question 12? the one about the polyhedron

i couldnt be bothered to do it,lol.
Reply 57
Ahhh crap, 19 is prime :frown: i forgot!

For the polyhedron, the smallest one is a pyramid with hexagon base, so 12. I think.
Reply 58
I left it - but i figured 12... wasn't sure tho... i was like hmmm there are 7 faces..... but i left it
Reply 59
I got 12... probably wrong :redface: I kinda walk into exam rooms and go stupid and write stupid things, it's not my fault!

Latest