The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

:biggrin: :eek: Yes!!!! My application is through to the college stage!!!! :eek: :biggrin:

But what does this actually mean, 'cos it's freaking me out:

"(Please note that, for technical reasons, whatever final decision is made on your application the third and fourth boxes will both become active even though your application may not have been reviewed by a College. This situation is described in points 2 and 3 above.)"
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
Ali_04
Ucas processed my form on 13th oct so surely i shud hav got something from durham by now!! am getting worried now...ahhh! *bites finger nails* Anyone else's form go in at the same time as mine and got a tracker from durham yet? am v v jealous if u have!!

i applied 15th and am still waiting
Reply 62
Eternal Fantasy
:biggrin: :eek: Yes!!!! My application is through to the college stage!!!! :eek: :biggrin:

But what does this actually mean, 'cos it's freaking me out:

"(Please note that, for technical reasons, whatever final decision is made on your application the third and fourth boxes will both become active even though your application may not have been reviewed by a College. This situation is described in points 2 and 3 above.)"

You have a place!! Many many Congrats, I'm interested what your offer will be; a friend got AAB this morning, yet someone on here (name forgotten) got ABC!
Ali_04
Ucas processed my form on 13th oct so surely i shud hav got something from durham by now!! am getting worried now...ahhh! *bites finger nails* Anyone else's form go in at the same time as mine and got a tracker from durham yet? am v v jealous if u have!!

My application was processed by UCAS on the 12th and I've still heard nothing from Durham.
Reply 64
hitchhiker_13
My application was processed by UCAS on the 12th and I've still heard nothing from Durham.

PHEW!! so its not just me they've forgotten about! :smile:

what subject are you applying for? is durham ur 1st choice?
Reply 65
Imaad

Me too, by my reckoning it should arrive tommorow.
JasonPaver
You have a place!! Many many Congrats, I'm interested what your offer will be; a friend got AAB this morning, yet someone on here (name forgotten) got ABC!

Thanks! :biggrin: I'm praying you're right Jason, I refuse to 100% believe it until I have it confirmed!
Reply 67
Apparantly you can get accepted by the department, bit still be rejected overall. Someone else ont he forum said it happened to them and their friend last year. But my app was passed to the college, and the same day, it appeared on UCAS track, so there's a fairly good chance you'll be successful :smile:
Eternal Fantasy
Thanks! :biggrin: I'm praying you're right Jason, I refuse to 100% believe it until I have it confirmed!

Wow, you're basically in! They won't really have any reason to turn you down. Yay!

When was your application received by Durham? I am getting increasingly scared about rejection!
SiAnY
Wow, you're basically in! They won't really have any reason to turn you down. Yay!

When was your application received by Durham? I am getting increasingly scared about rejection!

:smile: Still holding my breath though... it was received on Oct 7th (processed by UCAS Sept 24th)
Eternal Fantasy
:smile: Still holding my breath though... it was received on Oct 7th (processed by UCAS Sept 24th)

Ah, you were an early bird like Aimee and Ellie. :smile:
Reply 71
yeah mines moved as well
Reply 72
Imaad

Thank God, it's not just me. I'm expecting a rejection letter form UCAS any day now, did you know they keep rejections for 5 days, to save postage in case another one comes in in the mean tiem. How cruel is that!
Reply 73
Hmm, I was hoping to have an offer pretty sharpish, even though I'm applying for a 15 people to one place course...lol...optimism...it's pointless for me.
Although this has been partially addressed already I'd like to ask properly.
My Durham Tracker has moved onto the third box - i.e the university, department and college have "received the application". As far as I know the colleges only consider applications if and only if the department has accepted the application. Is this true?

Also could someone translate "Please note that, for technical reasons, whatever final decision is made on your application the third and fourth boxes will both become active even though your application may not have been reviewed by a College." into coherent english please?
Reply 75
Eternal Fantasy

and its taken them this long??!

phew...i've probably got a tad longer to wait for my rejection now! :frown:

well done tho! u r so lucky! :smile:
Reply 76
Ali 04; my application got processed by ucas on the 15th Sept, and by Durham on the 3rd Oct.
I should be getting worried.

You people who have moved to the third box, what subjects?
Reply 77
JasonPaver

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but getting through to the college stage doesn't necessarily mean you'll get in. It does mean that you're more likely to get in since your department already wants to give you a place.

Good luck to everyone who's applying, no matter what stage you've got to. In the olden days (1999!) we didn't have a tracker or anything, so you just had to sit tight and wait. My Durham offer finally came through in March, long after my others, and I ended up having 3 of the best years of my life there. So don't give up hope just yet!

~Rosie
Reply 78
Btw- how do u actually receive ur durham tracker thingy? do they send it through tha post or do u get it online??
Post.

Latest