The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Leeroy
Yeh that's what i think, on OCR. Have you done either transport economics, going to do UK economy in these january exams?

I did transport yesterday and i am doing stupid economic development next thursday! Development is sooooo boring, wish i was doing UK Economy! How did you find the transport exam then?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
gemma1811
I did transport yesterday and i am doing stupid economic development next thursday! Development is sooooo boring, wish i was doing UK Economy! How did you find the transport exam then?

yeh not too bad, there were no questions i didnt have a clue about. Which of the last 3 did you do?
Reply 22
Leeroy
yeh not too bad, there were no questions i didnt have a clue about. Which of the last 3 did you do?

Yeah same here, i could do one part but not the other on most, so i ended up doing the first question - the one about CBA, u?
Reply 23
gemma1811
Yeah same here, i could do one part but not the other on most, so i ended up doing the first question - the one about CBA, u?

ummm, oh yeah, yeh i almost did that one, but instead chose the one about sustainability of transport. I was more confident about the first part of the costs and benefits one, but more on the second part pf the sustainability one, so opted for that. BTW what score you got so far from AS?
Reply 24
Leeroy
ummm, oh yeah, yeh i almost did that one, but instead chose the one about sustainability of transport. I was more confident about the first part of the costs and benefits one, but more on the second part pf the sustainability one, so opted for that. BTW what score you got so far from AS?

Yeah, i couldn't really do the second part of the sustainablilty question, so opted for the CBA one, thought it would be a safer option - n i couldnt remember anything about monopolist competition! I thought the data response was a bit of a bitch this time (although not particulary hard) as it didnt really have much relevance to the data, was more like AS sorta questions, basics that you know.

Welll i got a C for AS (terrible i know - was meant to get an A) so have resat a paper, and hopefully these two A2 wont go too bad, so it'll all work out n i'll get the A im meant to get. What about you?
Reply 25
gemma1811
Yeah, i couldn't really do the second part of the sustainablilty question, so opted for the CBA one, thought it would be a safer option - n i couldnt remember anything about monopolist competition! I thought the data response was a bit of a bitch this time (although not particulary hard) as it didnt really have much relevance to the data, was more like AS sorta questions, basics that you know.

Welll i got a C for AS (terrible i know - was meant to get an A) so have resat a paper, and hopefully these two A2 wont go too bad, so it'll all work out n i'll get the A im meant to get. What about you?

yeh i no what u mean about data response, apart from first one they were all 4 marks, and last one 6 marks.

Erm im on 266, so got about 20 marks leaway, but the marking was a lot stricter in the first 2 as modules (our class reckons), i think i was lucky, cos equally able(if not more so) students came out with 2Bs and one with 2Cs. and theyve resat, so im sure ull be fine. but the next one ur doin is national and int'l economy right?
Reply 26
Leeroy
yeh i no what u mean about data response, apart from first one they were all 4 marks, and last one 6 marks.

Erm im on 266, so got about 20 marks leaway, but the marking was a lot stricter in the first 2 as modules (our class reckons), i think i was lucky, cos equally able(if not more so) students came out with 2Bs and one with 2Cs. and theyve resat, so im sure ull be fine. but the next one ur doin is national and int'l economy right?

Thats cool - yeah they were weird marks, only 5 people in our econ classes got an A (n thats outta abt 40) the majority of us got Bs n Cs :frown: No i did national and international for AS, surely you did to? Thats the paper that i resat, as i only just scrapped a C in it. We're guna be doing the EU after we sit the development paper on thursday
Reply 27
gemma1811
Thats cool - yeah they were weird marks, only 5 people in our econ classes got an A (n thats outta abt 40) the majority of us got Bs n Cs :frown: No i did national and international for AS, surely you did to? Thats the paper that i resat, as i only just scrapped a C in it. We're guna be doing the EU after we sit the development paper on thursday
oh yeh lol ive done that, i mean UK economy in a global context possibly, oh no i remember, economics in a european context,..... i think?
Reply 28
Leeroy
oh yeh lol ive done that, i mean UK economy in a global context possibly, oh no i remember, economics in a european context,..... i think?

Yeah, thats the one, economics in a european context! I reckon that it'll be really interesting. We're going to Paris next weekend for a lecture that is apparently related to it, with Michael Portillo talking.

Was the UK paper interesting? When is the exam?
Reply 29
gemma1811
Yeah, thats the one, economics in a european context! I reckon that it'll be really interesting. We're going to Paris next weekend for a lecture that is apparently related to it, with Michael Portillo talking.

Was the UK paper interesting? When is the exam?

Well as far as i can tell its almost the same as national and int'l economy, just with minor elaborations on stuff. It was ok, apparently is quite similar to the last one aswell, so shud help marks wise. The exmas next thursday, so i aint started revisin yet, cant really remember whats in it lol. And is this last one synoptic? I dont reckon ill go to many lessons if it is, I should have a B after these 2 modules which is all I need for Lse, so not much point. Plus our teacher left who was amazin and now we got some other retard in whos only experince is teachin for open university.
Reply 30
Leeroy
Well as far as i can tell its almost the same as national and int'l economy, just with minor elaborations on stuff. It was ok, apparently is quite similar to the last one aswell, so shud help marks wise. The exmas next thursday, so i aint started revisin yet, cant really remember whats in it lol. And is this last one synoptic? I dont reckon ill go to many lessons if it is, I should have a B after these 2 modules which is all I need for Lse, so not much point. Plus our teacher left who was amazin and now we got some other retard in whos only experince is teachin for open university.

Yeah it is, it as far as i can remember from what i was told from someone that did it last year, its all questions bases on the pre-released material! Yeah thats a good plan! hehe!!! Thats a bit like us, although our teacher was never good - he doesnt like teaching, just doing stupid posters! GRR!!!!! He doesnt even have an economics degree, he did a history degree n used to be a history teacher!!!!! So stupid - everyone wants a new teacher as we are having to teach ourselves!
Reply 31
gemma1811
Yeah it is, it as far as i can remember from what i was told from someone that did it last year, its all questions bases on the pre-released material! Yeah thats a good plan! hehe!!! Thats a bit like us, although our teacher was never good - he doesnt like teaching, just doing stupid posters! GRR!!!!! He doesnt even have an economics degree, he did a history degree n used to be a history teacher!!!!! So stupid - everyone wants a new teacher as we are having to teach ourselves!

its a load of crap. i have had to teach myself 3 maths modules due to shite teaching aswell, gay isnt it.
Reply 32
Leeroy
its a load of crap. i have had to teach myself 3 maths modules due to shite teaching aswell, gay isnt it.

Very gay indeed!!! That cant have been fun having to teach urself the maths, i know that i had to teach myself a chapter or two, nothing major, and it wasnt fun! I wish we could complain about our teacher, but because he is the only one, we will be completely stuff if he went, be he has been at the school soooo long that nothing would be done anyway
Reply 33
i still havent heard (government)
mangomaz
i do edexcel econ as well. i do kind of see what u mean about the multiple choice.. but perhaps technique will help! i used to be rubbish as well but pulled it up wen i learnt how to answer - state definitions for EVERYTHING cz this will guarantee u sum marks even if ur letter isnt correct. state equations for mathsy parts and show all ur working out and erm... oh yeh if there are graphs for say consumer surplus etc... do arrows on the diagram and stuff i heard examiners like that... am trying to think of more tips...
look at loads of past papers - the more u look at them ull see what kind of thing they are always asking for so u get on the same 'wavelength' as them if that makes any sense!!

dont worry its just exam technique, practice and erm.. knowing the answers :P would u be retaking unit 1 then?

best of luck!

Thanx for the advice, ill certainly take it on board for mondays unit 4 exam.

With regards to unit 1, this past friday was the 3rd time ive taken the module. still not confident. Explaining my choice lets me down. I got my script back from summers exam and i got 6 out of 8 on the mcq's but lost marks on explanation. I got a D in unit 1 the first time round and C in the summer. Hopefully B/A for last fridays.

N E ways good luck 2 u too. r u takin unit 4 on mon aswell?
Reply 35
watford110
Thanx for the advice, ill certainly take it on board for mondays unit 4 exam.

With regards to unit 1, this past friday was the 3rd time ive taken the module. still not confident. Explaining my choice lets me down. I got my script back from summers exam and i got 6 out of 8 on the mcq's but lost marks on explanation. I got a D in unit 1 the first time round and C in the summer. Hopefully B/A for last fridays.

N E ways good luck 2 u too. r u takin unit 4 on mon aswell?

Where do you study in Watford?
aliel
Where do you study in Watford?

Rickmansworth School
Reply 37
watford110
Rickmansworth School

Oooo
Reply 38
gemma1811
Ok, so some luckly people are getting offers from LSE now, so i've decided that we need to track these.

Desired format:

Course

Offer

Accepting or not

well...i've applied 4 HRM & employment relations
no offer so far...has ne one else applied 4 da same course n received a reply?
Reply 39
eLdIablo
well...i've applied 4 HRM & employment relations
no offer so far...has ne one else applied 4 da same course n received a reply?

I've just got an ABB offer for Government :smile:
It'll be my second choice

Latest

Trending

Trending