The Student Room Group
Reply 1
etomac
I am year 12 currently doing ASes this year
If i get A, A, A, for my physics, maths and chemistry, does that mean that I will be accepted for all the good universities that says ''min req - AAB-ABB''?

in britain?
Reply 2
etomac
I am year 12 currently doing ASes this year
If i get A, A, A, for my physics, maths and chemistry, does that mean that I will be accepted for all the good universities that says ''min req - AAB-ABB''?

not really, the grade requirements are for A-levels, not AS levels. you would still have to work next year to get AAB-ABB :tongue:
Reply 3
In year 12 i got AABB, and overal for 12/13 i got bbc.

much work needed!

plus you have to beat off all the other AAA-AAB applicants.
Reply 4
actually can u please tell me how does the UCAS work if u hvnt complete A Level

so uni decide whether they accept u b4 A2 level
what happen if they accept u after AS but u flunk ur A2?

ya.. UK (cuz HKU is too hard to get in and UK sounds better..)
Reply 5
etomac

You get a conditional offer, as in, you get given a place which you accept on the condition that you meet certain grade requirements.
Reply 6
etomac

go to www.ucas.com loads of info there.

but your 6th form centre should do all teh stuff for you. you just need to choose unis and get teh grades
Reply 7
Even if you got AAA overall at A2, there's no guarantee these unis will accept you.
Reply 8
Lord Huntroyde
Even if you got AAA overall at A2, there's no guarantee these unis will accept you.

there is if you have the offer.
Reply 9
Mr Bloggs has AAAA applies to Oxford, he has the personality of a dodo and and is as arrogant Gordon Brown.

Mr Flopps has AABB and applies for the same course, in his interview he gives a very interesting speach, he has a busy social life and has done a lot of community work.

Which one gets the place I wonder? Mr Flopps of course.
Reply 10
amazingtrade
Mr Bloggs has AAAA applies to Oxford, he has the personality of a dodo and and is as arrogant Gordon Brown.

Mr Flopps has AABB and applies for the same course, in his interview he gives a very interesting speach, he has a busy social life and has done a lot of community work.

Which one gets the place I wonder? Mr Flopps of course.

hmmm, i would disagree about that. some colleges do care more about grades than personality
Reply 11
amazingtrade

and is as arrogant Gordon Brown.

Oi Biatch! I assure you Gordon Brown isn't arrogant.
Reply 12
Daveo
Oi Biatch! I assure you Gordon Brown isn't arrogant.

lol, go on assure us
Reply 13
elpaw
there is if you have the offer.

But what I'm saying is that it is not true that you will definately be accepted if you reach the minimum grade requirement.
Reply 14
etomac are you still here?
Reply 15
err AAAA, AAAB?
i thought theres only 3 subjects.. (i am doing 6 but 3 doesn't count - GS and Chinese as a foreign language, and AS FM is not full alevel..)

i thought to get into good uni u get to make good relationship with teachers so that they think you are an able student..

btw i m just thinking wt happen to somone who get AAE, or ACE? What universities do they go to (just count UCAS Tariff points)

and what will uni think if I have brilliant comments for chemistry and maths but hell like for physics and form tutor..?
Reply 16
Lord Huntroyde
But what I'm saying is that it is not true that you will definately be accepted if you reach the minimum grade requirement.

oh, ok. its just because you said if you had AAA at alevel - and most people dont have alevels when applying, so once they do have the alevel grades, they will have had the offer, and so must be accepted. (if you follow me)
Reply 17
Fly By
etomac are you still here?

yes.. omg my hotmail is so full now..
Reply 18
elpaw
hmmm, i would disagree about that. some colleges do care more about grades than personality

for instance
Reply 19
I think in all Oxbridge colleges it's fair to assume they're going to be looking for academic brilliance not personality. Apart from that thing about the interview, don't come across so arrogant you can't be corrected and taught.

AAA guarantees you nothing though.

Latest

Trending

Trending