The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wiwarin_mir
I am very interested in how crushes on others occur and what factors effect their creation?
large numbers of people in a very small space

or biology
Reply 2
Speciez99
large numbers of people in a very small space

OK, let me define a crush for you in this circumstance:

the attraction of one individual to another due to some kind of attraction.
Reply 3
wiwarin_mir
OK, let me define a crush for you in this circumstance:

the attraction of one individual to another due to some kind of attraction.

i think it all starts from a certain situation like a sentance they say to u or something
Reply 4
piginapoke
Cause: your brain telling you that the crushee is a good mate to produce offspring with thus ensuring the survival of your genes and the best possible chance of survival of your progeny.

Factors: many, many things, different for everyone.

Although some crushes, such as those on teachers, can be irrational as they will never be realised.
Reply 5
alio
i think it all starts from a certain situation like a sentance they say to u or something

So trigger words then?
Reply 6
wiwarin_mir
So trigger words then?

Nah, it's all in the pheromones.
Reply 7
Alec

So, like other animals, we are attracted by chemicals, interesting.
Reply 8
wiwarin_mir
So trigger words then?

yea coz i see good looking lads around all the time but neva get crushes on them i just think their fit. however when i get to know some1 we'll talk and i'll suddenly develop a crush on him. but the strange thing is it can just be normal conversation rather than a positive comment
Reply 9
Alec

typical biologist!
wiwarin_mir
I am very interested in how crushes on others occur and what factors effect their creation?

An archetype in the subconscious when projected creates the experience of infatuation. It's a clever biological mechanism for bringing people together to reproduce.
Reply 11
deianra
A simple crush. The type where feeling for them burns throughout your body or the simpler, "(s)he's fit" kind?
For the former matters, I have a few thoughts.

Sometimes you can't tell why someone stands out, why they capture your heart. It may be something silly, like one day they splash into a puddle and you get soaked, or it's a moment of madness as you hear them say something and realise that they've said the most beautiful thing you've ever heard, or maybe they just smile in some way you can't define but know it's special anyway.

And then your life isn't yours anymore. There are things not subject to rational thought and this is one of them. They are the primal forces that existed before rationality, before Reason. They have no names, they cannot be described because they are the definitions of our existence.

:smile:

....Are you perchance in love? :wink:
Reply 12
Gandalf
An archetype in the subconscious when projected creates the experience of infatuation. It's a clever biological mechanism for bringing people together to reproduce.

so is blind date.
Reply 13
piginapoke
I love it when you say things I've already said but with much sexier words :wink:

So you would like your chosen sow to be articulate.
Reply 14
Best thing to do when someone has a one-way crush on you is to take advantage of it. A lot of money can be extracted from someone before their pheromones diffuse away and common sense prevails!
Reply 15
deianra
Close enough, but suffering a bit today. I'm feeling hurt because of it and having to delve into the depths of Mechanics (pah!) and taking out my pen, finding my muse and write long rambling pieces to cure it.

Life could be better, you might say.

Ah, love is sucha wonderful thing, although it can be hell when things go wrong.
Reply 16
timeofyourlife
Best thing to do when someone has a one-way crush on you is to take advantage of it. A lot of money can be extracted from someone before their pheromones diffuse away and common sense prevails!

you cold heartless pa'taH, that is really mean.
Reply 17
wiwarin_mir

A large amount of pressure applied to a surface.
deianra
A simple crush. The type where feeling for them burns throughout your body or the simpler, "(s)he's fit" kind?
For the former matters, I have a few thoughts.

Sometimes you can't tell why someone stands out, why they capture your heart. It may be something silly, like one day they splash into a puddle and you get soaked, or it's a moment of madness as you hear them say something and realise that they've said the most beautiful thing you've ever heard, or maybe they just smile in some way you can't define but know it's special anyway.

And then your life isn't yours anymore. There are things not subject to rational thought and this is one of them. They are the primal forces that existed before rationality, before Reason. They have no names, they cannot be described because they are the definitions of our existence.

:smile:

What are you, some kind of a hippy ?

Latest

Trending

Trending