The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've got to get out of this habit of posting and then posting again 30 seconds later...

In response to your question, they were a nice boat, although I'm not sure the level of attention we gave them was *quite* deserved! It was mainly because we don't like being turned down :tongue:

And to be honest, they weren't particularly amenable to arranging formals... Pembroke just ignored us and laughed! I think their cox has them under the thumb. "Eyes in the boat!"
Reply 81
sbailey
He's a cheeky bow. :wink: How do you know him?

Ahem...we've met :redface: Earlier this term. :redface:

As for the Pembroke girls, clearly some men just can't take rejection :tongue: but at least you don't take the whole rowing thing quite as seriously as some people do :eek:

As for the posting 30 seconds after another, just edit your first post :wink:
Reply 82
Alex has "met" quite a few people lol... :tongue:

Hey, could this be his web page? http://home.planet.nl/~lind1171/alexgroot03.htm

:smile: :smile:
Reply 83
sbailey
Alex has "met" quite a few people lol... :tongue:

Hey, could this be his web page? http://home.planet.nl/~lind1171/alexgroot03.htm

:smile: :smile:

Yes, so I've heard. Unfortunately nobody thought to enlighten me until after the event :wink: (and after its subsequent publication in Clareifornication :redface: :redface: :redface:). He came to Clare formal with a couple of my engineer friends, which is how we met.

Oooh, does that mean you were at that Concept 2 erg competition?

And if it is his webpage, I'm very very worried :eek:
Reply 84
If you mean the Concept 2 competition LMBC hosted in May term, then yes I was there :smile: Although arguably I shouldn't have been, given I hadn't done any exercise for a substantial amount of time :tongue: Our team was called the LMBC Third Men Revival.. lol. Basically, the lower May boats were surprisingly lame and not interested in participating, so we dredged up last term's boat.

We also cheekily had "Pembroke Regatta Champions" emblazoned on our crew shirts despite the fact we had won the LOWER division :smile: :smile: Guess whose idea that was??

As for succumbing to Alex's natural charm, take it as a compliment... he likes a challenge :smile:
Reply 85
* shiny can't believe it! even on UK-L he can't escape the boaties! :eek: *
Reply 86
There is an answer, Shiny.... JOIN US!!!
Reply 87
I was first aiding at that :smile: although technically what I was actually doing was sitting at the back of the auditorium watching; we didn't have to do anything except get progressively hotter and smell delightful mansweat. :eek: My other activity of the night was avoiding Alex, with my two friends sitting on either side going "Go and talk to him! Now!"

sbailey
As for succumbing to Alex's natural charm, take it as a compliment... he likes a challenge :smile:

I fear I was not the greatest of challenges, but not to worry, life goes on and I'm sure he's forgotten who I am; I had practically, until you appeared!

Edit: Shiny, I'm sorry :redface: don't take it personally :biggrin:
Reply 88
That's interesting, how did you get involved in first-aiding (at the event)?
Reply 89
sbailey
There is an answer, Shiny.... JOIN US!!!

* shiny thinks "I would rather go to Johns than row!" *
Reply 90
shiny
* shiny thinks "I would rather go to Johns than row!" *

LOL

Edit: I would rather go to John's AND row :wink:
Reply 91
sbailey
That's interesting, how did you get involved in first-aiding (at the event)?

I do first aid training with Clare Red Cross society (mainly run by a fellow medic) and they do cover for various events. You get training for free in return for doing first aid at events. I did that night, Robinson ball, and something else that I can't remember right now. :confused: So I was there, watching you all...muwahahaha! :wink:

I'd rather do neither :biggrin:
Helenia
Stop living in the 1920s! Grow up and stop being such a pampered spoiled Mummy's boy. You've made your point that they annoy you. But while they're in the kitchen, you don't know what they're adding to your food...:tongue:
:eek: I'm so not spoilt!!! Just because you're your parents housework bitch. :tongue:
Reply 93
BazTheMoney
:eek: I'm so not spoilt!!! Just because you're your parents housework bitch. :tongue:

You don't know you're born, honey. :tongue: Oh, and it's called being nice; I might as well do something useful until I get a job for the summer.
Helenia
You don't know you're born, honey. :tongue: Oh, and it's called being nice; I might as well do something useful until I get a job for the summer.
I left the nest when I was about 6, you left when you were 19. :rolleyes:
Reply 95
I started a big thread here! :smile: Not sure how much it's keeping to the intended point though!
Reply 96
polthegael
I started a big thread here! :smile: Not sure how much it's keeping to the intended point though!

No, it has digressed a little (with remarkable spillage of my reputation :redface:) but that's just par for the course.

Baz - yes, you did, but I'm a hell of a lot more practical than you. Maybe it's just cos I'm a girl :biggrin: even if I can't row.
Helenia
No, it has digressed a little (with remarkable spillage of my reputation :redface:) but that's just par for the course.

Baz - yes, you did, but I'm a hell of a lot more practical than you. Maybe it's just cos I'm a girl :biggrin: even if I can't row.
No, you're just domesticated...
Reply 98
Ah well, my history at UKL so far has entailed hijacking the two threads I have participated in :smile:

EDIT: I would make some more comments about Girton, but for the fact I haven't actually been there before! I did have a friend who got an offer from there, though. He was the only Girton applicant for Oriental Studies that year and was made an offer of AAA, but then he missed his offer with AAC and they decided not to take him! Harsh. But he's at SOAS now, so he's happy at least.

If someone now says they're studying Oriental Studies there and have just finished their first year, I'm going to look stupid...
Reply 99
BazTheMoney
No, you're just domesticated...

Is that to say I'm not practical? I haven't had matrons or W3 to look after me all my life, I think I can handle things. :tongue:

I haven't been to Girton either, don't even know anyone from there, but yes, the only real disadvantage seems to be the distance.

Latest

Trending

Trending