The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Helenia
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I think that might be too early - college will still be organising all sorts of things that early in term, that you might not want to miss out on. I think Rosie's idea is a good one, just that Freshers' week might not be the best time.

Rosie - do you read Patricia Cornwell??

yeah i was thinking maybe 2nd or 3rd weekend in ? I was thinking a saturday night as its the only day i wont have lectures the next morning ! and Im going home the 4 th weekend because i have to go to a hospital appt in leeds...

yeah i do .. i think her new book is out next week actually.. although blowfly was kind of crap. Im waiting for whats-his-name, the not dead one, to come back and kick some ass..
Reply 81
oooo, im confused.

however, if its a party, i will be there. just tell me the time and the place and ill bring a bottle. :tongue:
crana
yeah i was thinking maybe 2nd or 3rd weekend in ? I was thinking a saturday night as its the only day i wont have lectures the next morning ! and Im going home the 4 th weekend because i have to go to a hospital appt in leeds...

hmmm, I have college fresher's activities on saturday 9th oct and saturday 16th oct, so the chances are the other colleges are planning stuff/have planned stuff for the first few weekends.

Why don't we give it a few weeks for everyone to get settled, we can perhaps have a small meetup on a weekday if some people want to meet sooner rather than later, and we can have the big party later on in term?

(or if I'm the only one busy on sat 16th you'd have to have it without me :frown: )
Yeah, probably a good idea for people to get properly settled in their own colleges first! :smile:
Reply 84
polthegael
Girton is further from Cambridge than Ireland...

Visesh... Check your socks, quickly..! :tongue:

I wont be there for another 13 months :wink: . We are having another passoa party tonight anyway, coriander free. :smile:
figgetyfig
hmmm, I have college fresher's activities on saturday 9th oct and saturday 16th oct, so the chances are the other colleges are planning stuff/have planned stuff for the first few weekends.

Why don't we give it a few weeks for everyone to get settled, we can perhaps have a small meetup on a weekday if some people want to meet sooner rather than later, and we can have the big party later on in term?

(or if I'm the only one busy on sat 16th you'd have to have it without me :frown: )

its not really going to be a big party, nikki :frown:

but yeah, good points. i havent had a freshers pack whatever so i have no idea when my college is doing anything!
Reply 86
I didn't really mean the 4th October as a serious suggestion!
(It's my birthday! Woo officially matriculate on my 19th! :biggrin:)
crana
its not really going to be a big party, nikki :frown:

That wasn't really what I meant, I just mean an opportunity to meet everyone and discover the joys of this thing you call passoa...

"get-together" I guess.
Reply 88
Why did this never happen? Should we plan for another one and make it work this time..?
Reply 89
i , um, drank all my passoa
Reply 90
crana9
i , um, drank all my passoa

Then, umm, get some more, umm bitch.
Reply 91
I lie, i do have a bit left.
Reply 92
visesh
Then, umm, get some more, umm bitch.

Why don't you come to visit and bring some, bitch.

A.
Reply 93
Alaric
Why don't you come to visit and bring some, bitch.

A.

I'm visiting sometime in May, biatch:p:
Reply 94
visesh
I'm visiting sometime in May, biatch:p:

Sweet, bring the booze, I'm going to be here in May!

A.
Reply 95
I'm driving though:frown: Will try and bring some :biggrin:
Reply 96
visesh
I'm driving though:frown: Will try and bring some :biggrin:

just make sure you won't be sick all over my floor, ok?
Reply 97
Camford
just make sure you won't be sick all over my floor, ok?

Meh I'll get the guest house if I'm going to be an inconvenience:smile:
Reply 98
visesh
Meh I'll get the guest house if I'm going to be an inconvenience:smile:

no.. not at all. just make sure you don't throw up in my room.
god - people should place warnings when they resurrect threads - I just read though this, getting more and more confused. Clearly, however, it serves me right for not using my time productively.

Latest

Trending

Trending