The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LittleMissShine
I know,it probably should have gone in to the Biology society.But I like the sig especially the last paragraph.

My signature?
Can I join the History society please,im going to be doing it at A level and I got an A :biggrin: in GCSE History which im so pleased about.
Reply 322
LittleMissShine
Can I join the History society please,im going to be doing it at A level and I got an A :biggrin: in GCSE History which im so pleased about.

Sure :smile:

Just so everyone knows, I'm off to France tomorrow, so I won't be able to sign up new members for a while. Take care everyone!
Reply 323
IIII wana join
hey:smile:

i'm recently doing my personal study on the French Revolution, but on Social Class (it'll be too big otherwise)

i don't really know much about it and haven't studied it. Is it a good idea for me to still do personal study or is the whole point to start something "knew"?

p.s. i was going to debate the marxist view and the revisionsist critique on social class on the lead up to the French Revolution, but am finding it difficult to word the title:redface:
Cellardore
p.s. i was going to debate the marxist view and the revisionsist critique on social class on the lead up to the French Revolution, but am finding it difficult to word the title:redface:

Do this.. It sounds more interesting than what was previously mentioned. And if you have problems with the title, I suggest you write the paper first, THEN work on the title. It'll be easier.
Reply 326
can i just say...i just got the information from the History department at York university about my course and its a-m-a-z-i-ng!
seriously, there is so much choice, didn't realise how much I could do. Anyone wondering about where to apply - definately apply for this course, it looks brilliant on paper!
URGENT:

Does anyoen know when the Egyptians started putting their kings in the Valley of the Kings? I cant for the love of the Wallabies find it among my notes!!!! If anyone can tell me within the next three and a half hours I will give them rep.

Thankyou,
E.
Reply 329
Everdawn
URGENT:

Does anyoen know when the Egyptians started putting their kings in the Valley of the Kings? I cant for the love of the Wallabies find it among my notes!!!! If anyone can tell me within the next three and a half hours I will give them rep.

Thankyou,
E.

Tuthmosis I was the first king buried in The Valley, he died in 1518 BC, so presumably around then.
Not really, its the same sort of thing my notes say. I should suppose looking at the date of the earliest tomb found... Any takers?
Lord Huntroyde
Tuthmosis I was the first king buried in The Valley, he died in 1518 BC, so presumably around then.

so long as you are sure. Then thanks! Im just trying to get three assignments done at once for tomorrow. Shows you shouldnt spend the day at the Rugby doesnt it? Ive brought it upon myself.
Everdawn
Not really, its the same sort of thing my notes say. I should suppose looking at the date of the earliest tomb found... Any takers?

Oh nevermind, sorry to waste your time there. :redface:

At least Lord Huntroyde is being nice and helpful. :tongue:
Reply 333
Everdawn
so long as you are sure. Then thanks! Im just trying to get three assignments done at once for tomorrow. Shows you shouldnt spend the day at the Rugby doesnt it? Ive brought it upon myself.

Yep, http://members.tripod.com/~ib205/tuthmosis_1_1.html

"The Tombs of Tuthmosis I

Through the talents of his official Ineni, Tuthmosis I was the the first pharaoh to be buried in the Valley of the Kings - the first tomb for the valley was very modest as compared to the later efforts of Seti I..."
and for tomorrows rep, anyone mind telling me the date and name of the first Queen to go into the Valley of the Queens??
Reply 335
I'd love to join if that is OK. I am doing History at AS-level!
Trundle
I'd love to join if that is OK. I am doing History at AS-level!

Snap, what kind are you doing? I'm doing European Modern history, it'll be just like my GCSE really except it'll focus more on Russia and Italy and less on Germany. :smile:
Reply 337
Swing
Snap, what kind are you doing? I'm doing European Modern history, it'll be just like my GCSE really except it'll focus more on Russia and Italy and less on Germany. :smile:

I'm doing Russia (c1905-1917), The Civil Rights Moevement and Nazi Germany at AS.
My course covers Germany and the Stuarts

As
1st Unit-Imperial and weimar Germany 1866-1925
2nd Unit-James I and the making of the Stuart Monarchy 1603-1625
3rd Unit-Germany 1925-1938,The Weimar Republic and Nazi Consolidation of power, and The nature of Puritanism and it's threat to the crown 1603-1625

A2
4th Unit-The economic modernisation of German 1880-1980,The Third Reich and it's Legacy 1933-1965.
5th unit-The causes of the English Civil War,The execution of Charles I and The rule of Oliver Cromwell
6th Unit-Personal study.

There is another history course at my college that covers the USA and Great Britain but I decided to go with Germany and the Stuarts.
Swing

i did that:smile: are you doing Stalin and Mussolini?

Latest