The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard to get a part-time job?

When I apply for part-time jobs at various places I can't even get in for an interview. My only job was at a sports shop, but they sacked me after a few weeks (they heard me saying something they didn't like). The only reason I got in was because my sister worked there already.

I don't particularly want to work, but I need the money. Uni is not free like it used to be. Maybe this is coming across to them? I try to be enthusiastic at least.
Reply 1
Get help with your CV, that is most likely where you are going wrong! Trust me, there's an art to writing a good CV.
Reply 2
They really want a fancy CV for a supermarket job? Wow...
Reply 3
shaurz
They really want a fancy CV for a supermarket job? Wow...

thats the attitude that probably got you sacked.
what did you say???
Reply 4
If there is call centers near you, try get into one of those, usualy well paid, more then supermarkets do
Reply 5
Try a pub. There is always work, you can usually pick your hours and with tips it usually works ouut quite profitable.
Reply 6
frost105
Try a pub. There is always work, you can usually pick your hours and with tips it usually works ouut quite profitable.

Yeah, or a local private hotel, they usually want staff and are usually nice to work in
Reply 7
There are lots of places advertising for xmas vacancies already so I guess its quite often the quicker you apply the more chance you have.

Latest

Trending

Trending