The Student Room Group

AS Level Maths - OCR

Hi, i've just taken up maths. And ive been given a booklet, it says, the board is OCR

and the modules needed to study, are
Core maths 1 - 4721
core maths 2 - 4722
mechanics 1

or

stats 1
which are studied from sep to may.

I had to make a choice, and i chose stats. Now i dont understand how it works. Will i study mechanics at all in the 1st yr or not?

And does anyone, know, if this board is any good/easy/hard?
snob_uk
I had to make a choice, and i chose stats. Now i dont understand how it works. Will i study mechanics at all in the 1st yr or not?

No, you won't. Instead you'll have an applied lesson where you'll have stats. Next year you'll get the choice of starting either M1 or S2 for your A2 modules.
Reply 2
Ah right, in ur second yr, u get the choice of doing, mechanics, stats or decision mathematics..

So in the first year i do no mechanics (woohoo!) :tongue:
Reply 3
What the hell is decision maths ne way?
Reply 4
When i went for my interview, the guy gave me a little puzzle, one of those things where he drew a shape.. and said, try to go over each line once, and dont lift ur pen up. lol, he ended up saying, it has some relevence to decision maths..
am not good at that sort of thing, so i wont be taking that up! :rolleyes:
Reply 5
that sounds so weird. hmm. me neither.
hi
i am also doing As maths same as you.
i did core1 in december last year, and now i am doing core2 and statistics 1.
and for A2 i have a choice i can either do mechanics 1 or statistics 2.
if i had done mechanics 1 now i would have got a choice in mechanics 2 or stats 1.
i hope i sorted out your confusion.
Reply 7
snob_uk
Now i dont understand how it works. Will i study mechanics at all in the 1st yr or not?

Why not discuss this with your teacher(s)? There may be other options we can't know about. For example, you could teach yourself D1. It's not too difficult.

Aitch

Latest