The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Magdalen seemed too big and scary when I visited... so I resorted to applying to Worcester, big and not so scary :biggrin: Exeter is really nice though (was my second choice) - hope I get assigned there (if I get offered an interview) as has a good past history of not too high application : place ratios which is always good!
Reply 21
Lucy
Magdalen seemed too big and scary when I visited... so I resorted to applying to Worcester, big and not so scary :biggrin: Exeter is really nice though (was my second choice) - hope I get assigned there (if I get offered an interview) as has a good past history of not too high application : place ratios which is always good!

just think lucy, we could both go to exeter and become intimate friends! :biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 22
Lucy

Hi,

I am from Singapore.

Are you going for the interview in Dec 2003?

How did you get the information about applicants to available places for year 2004 entry? The prospectus tells me about the past.

To me every College seems the same - architecture, course of study....So how would you differentiate between one from the other?
Reply 23
edders
i was rejected from there :frown:
is jonty still pres of the jcr? i met him during the interview and he seemed like a fool
im applying to exeter college this year and hopefully will get in

wow, we must have been at interviews at the same time!

Jonty is still JCR pres, but there will be a new one next term (they've just started campaiging and I think we vote on thursday) I didn't meet him at interviews; someone else was pres then, and I only really had contact with subject reps. He seemed like a fool? Well, I don't really know him, but he seems cool enough.

good luck this time round!
Reply 24
I've applied for PPE at Keble :smile:
Reply 25
ive applied for medicine at exeter! it looks so gorgeous there. and to answer your other question- i do think the bmat results determine whether we get an interview- apparently we are informed by the end of november if we dont get one. EEEEEEEEEEEEK!! :eek:
:tongue:
Reply 26
edders
just think lucy, we could both go to exeter and become intimate friends! :biggrin: :tongue:

lol! :biggrin: We'd probably just end up arguing the whole time about the intellectual differences between males and females :tongue:

misty, you're right about the BMAT results, we should be hearing pretty soon (given that they finished marking the papers only a few days after we took it) - anyway, good luck with your application, exeter is really cute and diddly :wink:
Reply 27
only a few days after! no way. its pretty scary. how do u think you did?? did u finish the 1st two papers?
Reply 28
tagzt
i dont know where the figure are but I was talking to a guy yesterday who submitted an open application and was allocated magdalen...and its known around the colleges that magdalen have a very low no. of people applying this year for law. merton has a very high number, over 44 for 7 places.
Don't suppose you know anything about the PPE stats for this year? :wink:
Reply 29
misty
only a few days after! no way. its pretty scary. how do u think you did?? did u finish the 1st two papers?

I 'finished' them in the sense that I shaded random circles to the questions I couldn't do but I obviously had to leave out some of the ones where they left squares to fill in answers :tongue: As for question 3... *nervous laugh*... I'll be extremely embarassed if I have to discuss what I wrote in my essay, I don't know what was going on in my warped mind, whatever it was, it wasn't good :biggrin:
Reply 30
hehe me too.
i finished the 1st paper but the second i guessed about 5 :s-smilie:
as for the essay, i did the organ one. OOOOOOOOPS :tongue:
I applied for Classics at Merton. I think that there are probably as many people on this forum applying to Oxford as Cambridge....
Reply 32
Alexander
I applied for Classics at Merton. I think that there are probably as many people on this forum applying to Oxford as Cambridge....

Ah, one of my friends has applied for Classics at Merton! I agree that there are about the same number of people on the forum going for each of the unis, majority of medics seem to like Oxford though :biggrin:
Lucy
Ah, one of my friends has applied for Classics at Merton! I agree that there are about the same number of people on the forum going for each of the unis, majority of medics seem to like Oxford though :biggrin:

I'm getting a bit worried about the competition then now -- that's the second person I know of who is. If I tried to extrapolate a statistic from that it'd make around seventy of us, so I'd better not. (Unless you're talking about the same person as I am...a guy at Ampleforth?)
Reply 34
Nope, different person :wink: Don't worry about the competition, you'll just get yourself worried into a frenzy which can't be good :tongue: - how many places are there anyway?
Lucy
Nope, different person :wink: Don't worry about the competition, you'll just get yourself worried into a frenzy which can't be good :tongue: - how many places are there anyway?

There are five places.... I think with Classics there's a fairly good chance in the pool as some colleges get less than one applicant per place
Reply 36
Alexander
There are five places.... I think with Classics there's a fairly good chance in the pool as some colleges get less than one applicant per place

Ah that's alright then! :biggrin:
Reply 37
Lucy
I 'finished' them in the sense that I shaded random circles to the questions I couldn't do but I obviously had to leave out some of the ones where they left squares to fill in answers :tongue: As for question 3... *nervous laugh*... I'll be extremely embarassed if I have to discuss what I wrote in my essay, I don't know what was going on in my warped mind, whatever it was, it wasn't good :biggrin:

can't believe how hard that science paper was!! ive so failed. we get the results next week don't we?
Reply 38
julia r
can't believe how hard that science paper was!! ive so failed. we get the results next week don't we?

All of it was pretty hard compared to the practice paper on the website! Do we get the results next week? How did you find out - I do remember hearing somewhere that we get the results around the 24th but I'm still not sure as my teachers had the impression that we would only get our results at our interviews?! Don't know what to believe! :biggrin:
Reply 39
Lucy
All of it was pretty hard compared to the practice paper on the website! Do we get the results next week? How did you find out - I do remember hearing somewhere that we get the results around the 24th but I'm still not sure as my teachers had the impression that we would only get our results at our interviews?! Don't know what to believe! :biggrin:

im pretty sure it says on bmat.org.uk on the opening page!! they get sent to the place where u did the test aswell as the unis

Latest

Trending

Trending