The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd say notts, I know 2/3 people studying economics there and it seems to be highly regarded. Having said that Durham is quite prestigious, but I wasn't that impressed with its Econ department and I don't think its actually that prestigious any more.
Then again, what do I know :biggrin:
Reply 2
faa
OP
i forgot to add- or warwick for economics, politics and international studies (already applied for L100 there)
Reply 3
warwick probably, although i don't know much about that particular course.
Reply 4
Warwick is absolutely fantastic, and the requirements are pretty friendly: straight Politics is only ABB. I'd certainly recommend it alongside the other three, if not before them.

If you've seen the campus, you'll know what I mean :biggrin:
In terms of Economics i would say Nottingham is slightly the better uni, although all 3 are good for economics, if it was straight Economics then i would definately say Warwick. Have you already got offers from all these?
Reply 6
kindofblue
I'd say notts, I know 2/3 people studying economics there and it seems to be highly regarded. Having said that Durham is quite prestigious, but I wasn't that impressed with its Econ department and I don't think its actually that prestigious any more.
Then again, what do I know :biggrin:

I concur.

Besides, Durham Uni generally appears to get less prestigious with each passing year (blame the Stockton Campus).
Vitriol01
I concur.

This is what happens when you spend years reading law reports :wink:
Reply 8
faa
OP
well ive already applied for warwick straight economics, and the economics, politics and international studies does really appeal to me!
Reply 9
faa
Hi- which is more prestigious? Will be studying Economics, and they're all good for that!

Thanks

about the same. Nottingham might have the more prestious course.
Reply 10
faa
Hi- which is more prestigious? Will be studying Economics, and they're all good for that!

Thanks

Bath, Durham and Nottingham are all very different places and this post has suggested that the courses are all about the same. Do you have any preferences with regards to what the cities are like? Because in that sense - i suggest nottingham without a doubt.

Latest

Trending

Trending