The Student Room Group
Reply 1
phreek
http://www.zyon.org/phreek/

Ignore the text content, its meaningless and i was drunk while writing it, but does the design/images look like ive ripped off the mac?

It looks fine to me, very simple but I am guessing that is the look you are going for. You may want to smooth of the edges though.
Reply 2
amazingtrade
It looks fine to me, very simple but I am guessing that is the look you are going for. You may want to smooth of the edges though.

Yea it was a prototype, my m8 sed id prob get sued, prob will, apple like to copy microsoft.
Reply 3
phreek
Yea it was a prototype, my m8 sed id prob get sued, prob will, apple like to copy microsoft.

In theory he is right it depends what you want to use it for. I always make a point of all my graphics being original to avoid this. However how will Apple find out unless its on google?
Reply 4
very nice site.
Reply 5
amazingtrade
In theory he is right it depends what you want to use it for. I always make a point of all my graphics being original to avoid this. However how will Apple find out unless its on google?

Probably wont. The images were taken from a theme for GNOME and were under the GNU lisence thingymobob so i dunno.
Reply 6
phreek
Probably wont. The images were taken from a theme for GNOME and were under the GNU lisence thingymobob so i dunno.

Thats interesting, the code for GNOME is GNU meaning its open source but I wonder if the graphics are. I would guess they probably are.
Reply 7
amazingtrade
Thats interesting, the code for GNOME is GNU meaning its open source but I wonder if the graphics are. I would guess they probably are.

Theme wasnt made by the GNOME coders, just by some guy, who i think i gave credit to.
Reply 8
phreek
http://www.zyon.org/phreek/

Ignore the text content, its meaningless and i was drunk while writing it, but does the design/images look like ive ripped off the mac?

mate, if I wanted a mac, i'd buy one :smile:

Im not too keen on the title bars, but I like the way you've formatted the text, and the CSS and stuff.

BTW if you do use the MacOS/AnyOS titles, I think you should add some meaningful background. Perhaps some icons as links instead os a menu? At the moment the menu and body of the page look really... separate, if you know what I mean.
Reply 9
Dickie
mate, if I wanted a mac, i'd buy one :smile:

Im not too keen on the title bars, but I like the way you've formatted the text, and the CSS and stuff.

BTW if you do use the MacOS/AnyOS titles, I think you should add some meaningful background. Perhaps some icons as links instead os a menu? At the moment the menu and body of the page look really... separate, if you know what I mean.

Yea, as i said though it was a prototype, I wanted to test the title bars. I mite revive the site and make sense out of the content tho. Plus the above.

Latest

Trending

Trending