The Student Room Group

Does anyone know when we get our results

Hello, colleages and myself are wondering when we recieve our results as now that we have finished at the college, i and a few others have been trying to get answers from the college we went to, however the college seems not to be answering-please please can someone let me know when the date of the results are. Thankyou

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unregistered
Hello, colleages and myself are wondering when we recieve our results as now that we have finished at the college, i and a few others have been trying to get answers from the college we went to, however the college seems not to be answering-please please can someone let me know when the date of the results are. Thankyou

i think its 14th of august for alevels and 21st for gcse
results always come out on thursdays
hope that helps
Reply 2
Yep, those are the right dates.
Reply 3
The A-level results? Man, i can't believe you don't know it yet. Mind you that might be good as you won't have as yet been dreading that day as you don't know it. Anyways, the results day is on Thursday 14 August.
Reply 4
falguni!
i think its 14th of august for alevels and 21st for gcse
results always come out on thursdays
hope that helps

Why do results always come out on Thursdays?
Xenon

because its pension day - so my granny can give me lots of money to say well done!!!

love Katy ***
Reply 6
Unregistered

They come out on the 14th August after 11:00am at my college.
Reply 7
10:30 for me, but we don't get envelopes - just a big stack that are filtered through as you queue up.

I'm sure for AS results last year we were given them as early as 9:30
Reply 8
In our school, the A-level students get their results before the AS students. We have to colect our results between 10 and 11 a.m.
Reply 9
Xenon
In our school, the A-level students get their results before the AS students. We have to colect our results between 10 and 11 a.m.

Same as my college, only we collect ours between 11 and 12.
Reply 10
Information taken from alt.uk-alevels
UCAS - course vacancy information live from midnight (14th August and relating to clearing)
Ucas 'Track' service updated with live applicant information during afternoon of 14th (most people should have their letters by then).
This information with provided by 'Steve' of ucas.com and I'm guessing that the letters he is referring to are from Ucas telling us if we have placements at our firm or insurance choices or whether we must enter clearing.
Reply 11
When do the letters come out then. I mean are they going to inform on the website first and then send out the letters? I mean if they send out the letters for them to arrive on the 14th, doesn't that mean that many will receive the letters before they get their results. Personally I prefer that-less pressure.
Reply 12
Xenon

Everything of note happens on Thursday
Reply 13
Thursday is the meaning of life, it's the reason you and I are here.
Reply 14
Xenon
When do the letters come out then. I mean are they going to inform on the website first and then send out the letters? I mean if they send out the letters for them to arrive on the 14th, doesn't that mean that many will receive the letters before they get their results. Personally I prefer that-less pressure.

The letters will probably go in the post early in the morning of the 13th, so that they arrive in the post on the 14th. As I said above, my results come out 10:30 and the postman rarely visits my house much before noon - but it does seem that many people may get their results through the post first.
Reply 15
I wonder if I'll get the letter before the results; I mean sometimes the post comes early and sometimes not. Well, will just have to wait and see. What would everyone prefer, getting the letters before they get their results or vice versa?
Reply 16
If most people entering clearing are doing so due to not getting the required grades.....then shouldnt "Track" ucas...comfirm/reject us at midnight in time with clearing???
Reply 17
I find it most unsatisfactory and very unfair that we all seem to be stumbling in the dark about the procedure. We get bits of information from different sources, we question, and yet we still do not know for sure what is going to happen. Looking at similar threads from last year everybody has asked the same questions without definite answers. I'm fed up with not knowing for sure exactly when I will know whether I've got my place at firm or insurance choices and I think we should find some way to ensure that next year the procedure is absolutely transparent!!! Let's get militant.
Reply 18
Unregistered
I find it most unsatisfactory and very unfair that we all seem to be stumbling in the dark about the procedure. We get bits of information from different sources, we question, and yet we still do not know for sure what is going to happen. Looking at similar threads from last year everybody has asked the same questions without definite answers. I'm fed up with not knowing for sure exactly when I will know whether I've got my place at firm or insurance choices and I think we should find some way to ensure that next year the procedure is absolutely transparent!!! Let's get militant.

You could contact UCAS and ask for a full explanation.
Nylex
Same as my college, only we collect ours between 11 and 12.

lol. i have to be there at 8!

love Katy ***

Latest

Trending

Trending