The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
ben2111
inhale, exhale, relax. your keyboard will be grateful.

Anyway, I don´t want to be put into one pot with this nonsense, when I asked you if you´re a muslim I did not mean it in any conneciton to your opinions about Iraq war, OK? Even though everybody seems to think that. I hate this whole category thing, am I already known as one of these left-wing idiotic idealists?

I'm not muslim per se, but I am from a muslim background, yes.
Reply 341
Adhsur
I'm not muslim per se, but I am from a muslim background, yes.

but you celebrate eid, :eek:
Reply 342
ShOcKzZ
but you celebrate eid, :eek:

I celebrate christmas :biggrin:
Reply 343
ben2111
I celebrate christmas :biggrin:

Thank you. Eid is part of my culture, not religion.
Reply 344
Adhsur
Thank you. Eid is part of my culture, not religion.

Erm well the celebration of Eid is in Muslim religion. But I recall you said you were agnostic?
Reply 345
ZJuwelH
Erm well the celebration of Eid is in Muslim religion. But I recall you said you were agnostic?

My mum is muslim, so I can;t celebrate eid with her? unfair or what...
Reply 346
ZJuwelH

Just like Christmas is a celebration of the Christian tradition and yet so many christians still celebrate it.

I'm agnostic/atheist in between, yes.
Reply 347
Adhsur
My mum is muslim, so I can;t celebrate eid with her? unfair or what...

What, I didn't say that!

I didn't confine it to Muslims if that's what you're thinking...
Reply 348
ZJuwelH

Didn't you say you question your faith as well? and eat that which is forbidden? and yet you celebrate eid...
Reply 349
Well the celebration of christmas is strictly christian is it not? It doesn't stop many people from christian backgrounds who arn't christians celebrating it (lol i could be totally wrong here :tongue:)
Reply 350
Adhsur
Didn't you say you question your faith as well? and eat that which is forbidden? and yet you celebrate eid...

I celebrate Eid as far as my eyes protude from my head. Not at all.
Adhsur
:rolleyes: It would take me days. I don't have the energy. Mostof my views are on this thread though - so do look around if they are that important.

that is no justification for the war rushda...and i thought you were more rational!
Reply 352
ThornsnRoses
that is no justification for the war rushda...and i thought you were more rational!

What isnt any justification, her opinions?

She has already given her reasoning. Why should she keep having to repeat herself?
viviki
What isnt any justification her opinions?

She has already given her reasoning. Why should she keep having to repeat herself?

People don't like hearing things they don't want to hear.
Reply 354
Adhsur
Now...please would some other sane person agree with me before I go crazy!

No, I won't agree, I'm dubiously sane though.

I will agree that the deposition of Saddam Hussein is a positive step and that he had a track record of attrocities that should warrant him to have to stand before an international court.
I don't agree with the disingenuous reasoning for war, the lack of clear international legitimacy, the unilateralism. The fact it's still a reactionary backlash after the tragedy of 11/9. I think TB showed a lot of arrogance over the issue, and the Conservatives might as well have just polished his shoes. I'm perplexed by their seeming confusion at the fact they weren't welcomed with open arms and I despair at they're naivety over the war. I'm also uncomfortable with us imposing our morals on other societies, and as such regarding anything we do as superior.

It's not that the war wasn't needed, it's more how it was conducted.
Oooh ooh, blame the french, whatever. :rolleyes:

Alaric.
Alaric

I will agree that the deposition of Saddam Hussein is a positive step and that he had a track record of attrocities that should warrant him to have to stand before an international court.
I don't agree with the disingenuous reasoning for war, the lack of clear international legitimacy, the unilateralism. The fact it's still a reactionary backlash after the tragedy of 11/9. I think TB showed a lot of arrogance over the issue, and the Conservatives might as well have just polished his shoes. I'm perplexed by their seeming confusion at the fact they weren't welcomed with open arms and I despair at they're naivety over the war. I'm also uncomfortable with us imposing our morals on other societies, and as such regarding anything we do as superior.

Alaric.

I 100% agree.

Very Good post.
Reply 356
Alaric

why? an Iraqi trial will be more appropriate, and unless it is not capable of handling such a case, must be given preference to an endless international circus.

I don't agree with the disingenuous reasoning for war, the lack of clear international legitimacy, the unilateralism.

more than one country. count them all.

The fact it's still a reactionary backlash after the tragedy of 11/9.

its reactionary alright, i would expect nothing less of a capable leader.

I think TB showed a lot of arrogance over the issue, and the Conservatives might as well have just polished his shoes. I'm perplexed by their seeming confusion at the fact they weren't welcomed with open arms and I despair at they're naivety over the war.

they were, in general, welcomed in Iraq and received very little opposition.

I'm also uncomfortable with us imposing our morals on other societies, and as such regarding anything we do as superior.

like ideas of freedom and equality between sexes? as a woman, im appalled to hear that you dont find the oppression of women inferior to the rights i, and other women in this country, enjoy.

Alaric.

the UN fiasco you mean?
Reply 357
Alaric

Alaric.

good call alaric,
glad someone said it :smile:
Reply 358
vienna95

like ideas of freedom and equality between sexes? as a woman, im appalled to hear that you dont find the oppression of women inferior to the rights i, and other women in this country, enjoy.

Absolutely. I meant things like that before, when I said I don't think something like inequality is acceptable just because it happens to be in a different country with different cultural values. Freedom is a human right, and it is in the interest of humans (wherever you are still human) that we act and make sure everyone gets this basic thing.

It would be very selfish to stay confined to your own country in that sense and not care about the rights we take for granted but others are not getting...
Adhsur
Now...please would some other sane person agree with me before I go crazy!

i agree 100% we needed a war to prove that were not weak that were still as strong as we used to be

Latest

Trending

Trending