The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
It'sPhil...
My board was Edexcel. I was hoping to scrape an A because I thought my Unit 2 (I did the Buffer Stock Q) went really badly - my answer to the last part, worth 12 marks out of 40, was half a side long. Unit 1 I thought was okay, and Unit 3 worse but not terrible. I'm happy because now I don't have to do any work next year - as long as I get 60% average I'll end up wityh an A

That is pretty sweet, I also figured that with my French, I only need to sit 2 of the 3 modules to get an A, and due to my current points already have a D at ALevel in French (halw amy toward equalling Prince Harry's results). I did the AQA economics, and Business, and came out of those exams, thinking I had done appallingly, and could kiss any dreams of going to oxford good bye, but am now pleasantly surprised.

Phil
What were your results?
Economics-A
Physics-A
Maths-A

What grades were you expecting?
Was uncertain about the A in Maths, but fairly confident that the rest would turn out as they did.

What were your grades last year for AS?
Same. With the addition of an A in ICT.

What were your predicted grades by your school or college?
Same.

Your course and university of your firm/insurance offer as well as requirements of this offer?
Firm: MEng Software Engineering -Imperial College? AAA

The good thing about IC is that term begins in October--which means another six or so weeks of freedom. ^_~

And congratulations to everyone else.

~Darkness~
Reply 102
Darkness
What were your results?
Economics-A
Physics-A
Maths-A

~Darkness~

How much harder did you find A2 than AS for economics?

Phil
PHIL
How much harder did you find A2 than AS for economics?

Phil

Not that much harder, although the synoptic unit did have its tricky moments. The other two units were fine though.

~Darkness~
Reply 104
OH BABY MY RESULTS ROCK I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOCKED I THOUGHT I WOULD GET ABBB
MATHS A
BIOLOGY A
CHEMSITRY A
ICT A
GENERAL STUDIES C(who cares)
Well off i go on the road to being a doctor at least after my head stops hurting.
WELL DONE EVERYBODY AND HAVE FUN
My results:

A- Accounting [A Level]
A - Maths [P1-P6]
A - Statistics [S1-S6]

I expected
AAB, B in Accounting.

Univs' offer
Firm: BSc Maths&Stats - Imperial College AAB.
Insurance: BSc Maths&Stats - University College London AAB.

I'm so happy to finish the horrible Stats for 6 papers...
And I'm accepted by IC.............
Reply 106
What were your results?
All AS:
Physics: C
Maths: B
Computing: A
Media: C
General Studies: B

Slightly higher for physics, and lower for maths :-)

Physics: a/b
Maths b/c
comp: a/b
media:b/a
gen studies: ???
Maths - A
Physics - A
Further Maths - A
Chemistry - B

Expected - Similar ( my teacher expected me to get C in chemistry as i was bunking all of his lessons. In his face!!!)

As results -
Maths - A
Physics - A
Further Maths - A
Chemistry - A
Music - B

Going to - Nottingham
Study - Mathematics
Staying - Not sure
Reply 108
These are my AS results:

music-A
Psychology-A
English Lang-A
Music tech- B ( 2marks off an A!)
Theatre-B
Reply 109
What were your results?

Biology:A
Chemistry:A
Physics:A
Maths:A

Your course and university of your firm/insurance offer as well as requirements of this offer?

Firm: MBioch - Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry (4 years) - Oxford (Wadham College) University. Offer: AABB
Insurance: MSci - Biochemistry (4 years) - Imperial College. Offer: ABB

Sorted for you - Koloth
Reply 110
aww, thank you!!

x x x
Reply 111
Maths - A
Further - A
Physics- A
Statistics - A
Aea Maths - Merit
Considering how everybody told me I was insane when I signed up for Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics Alevels, there really are a hell of a lot of people doing exactly those subjects.
Then again I guess there could just be a lot of insane people out there, and/or all in this forum. Hmmmm.
Reply 113
Unspeakable
Considering how everybody told me I was insane when I signed up for Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics Alevels, there really are a hell of a lot of people doing exactly those subjects.
Then again I guess there could just be a lot of insane people out there, and/or all in this forum. Hmmmm.

I got my letter of confirmation today from Oxford, congratulating me on my excellent results, but my Ucas page still hasn't changed. Also Imp Col has been phoning me up.
My Results A2

High A - Geography
High A - Physics
High A - Biology
High B - Chemistry

My Expectations

A - Geography
B/c - Physics
B - Biology
B - Chemistry

As Results

High A- Geography
Low B - Physics
High B - Biology
High B - Chemistry

-----------------
As You Can See Im Well Pleased Expecially With My Physics! At As I Got 210/300 Which Is A B/c Boundary! But At A2 I Done Amazingly I Got A High A! Geograpy I Got 120/120 On B6 The Synoptic Paper!
Well Done To Everyone!
Reply 115
Did you resit physics? Wow so there's chance i can turn my B's into A's? Did you work extremely hard?
Adhsur
Did you resit physics? Wow so there's chance i can turn my B's into A's? Did you work extremely hard?

I RESAT WAVE PROPERTIES AND THE AS PRACTICAL EXAM MAKING UP ONE MODULE AND GOT AN A IN THAT. IT WAS MY SECOND YEAR PAPER, FORCES FIELDS AND ENERGY, ALSO MY NUCLEAR AND PARTICAL PHYSICS PAPER WAS APPARENTLY ''EXCEPTIONAL''..BEFORE I OPENED MY RESULTS I DIDNT THINK I GOT A B LET ALONE THE A!
Reply 117
Unregistered
I RESAT WAVE PROPERTIES AND THE AS PRACTICAL EXAM MAKING UP ONE MODULE AND GOT AN A IN THAT. IT WAS MY SECOND YEAR PAPER, FORCES FIELDS AND ENERGY, ALSO MY NUCLEAR AND PARTICAL PHYSICS PAPER WAS APPARENTLY ''EXCEPTIONAL''..BEFORE I OPENED MY RESULTS I DIDNT THINK I GOT A B LET ALONE THE A!
Could you perhaps press Capslock :smile: -the capitals thing gives a 'shouting' impression that didn't really fit...

Sounds like most people are sorted and ready for uni- well done everyone and best of luck (well not luck really but blah) for the next few years- daresay you'll have a great time :smile:

If you didn't get in to uni don't worry- you can earn lots of dosh to pay off that costly loan for next year if you're still heading that way :smile:
hi

i got:

A - A2 Biology
A - A2 Chem
A - A2 Maths
A - AS Business Studies
B - A2 General Studies

And am off to do Medicine at Newcastle!
Does anyone know much about newcastle and how good hte place uni is etc?

Thanks,

Katie
What were your results?

A - Economics
A - Mathematics
A - Chemistry
A - General Studies
A - Critical Thinking AS

Distinction - Economics AEA
Merit - Chemistry AEA
Fail - Mathematics AEA

As above

A - 99% - Mathematics
A - 95% - Economics
A - 96% - Chemistry
A - 90% - Physics
A - 91% - General Studies

Same.

Going to LSE for Economics (ABB), after Oxford rejected me!

www.Naz.b3.nu

Latest

Trending

Trending