The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm feeling all broody...
blissy

How long have you been with bf? Is he at Cambridge too?
Reply 42
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
How long have you been with bf? Is he at Cambridge too?

3 Years. He is living in Cambridge at the moment and will start art college in September.
blissy
3 Years. He is living in Cambridge at the moment and will start art college in September.

Thweet :smile: Longest relationship=6 months. Shortest relationship=2 hours. Not a very good track record :rolleyes: What would you say the ''secret'' of a lasting relationship is? So cliched I know-it's what all magazines seem to write about nowadays!
Reply 44
blissy

Yeah I get that too. When I had my baby think it over doll everyone else hated it but I really enjoyed it. However I am aware that I am not in a situation to have a baby and probably won't be for another 12 years which will make me 30. It is a bit depressing but It takes ages to train for my chosen career and I want to be settled before I have kids so it will have to be late 20's early 30's. I have been with my bf for quite a while and as much as it would hurt me I think I would have an abortion now if I got pregnant. However I will try my best not to let that happen
Reply 45
LoStInIdEaFlOoD
Thweet :smile: Longest relationship=6 months. Shortest relationship=2 hours. Not a very good track record :rolleyes: What would you say the ''secret'' of a lasting relationship is? So cliched I know-it's what all magazines seem to write about nowadays!

Asking if they're a cat or dog person right away :biggrin:

Ummmm I don't know really. I think you can by knowing that:
you are comfortable with someone
you will put them first and know they will do the same
if you argue, it doesn't matter because they will understand it isn't what you're always like and if you say something in a temper, you don't mean it
you love that person more than anything else

<is feeling very loved up and emotional at the moment>
blissy
Asking if they're a cat or dog person right away :biggrin:

Ummmm I don't know really. I think you can by knowing that:
you are comfortable with someone
you will put them first and know they will do the same
if you argue, it doesn't matter because they will understand it isn't what you're always like and if you say something in a temper, you don't mean it
you love that person more than anything else

<is feeling very loved up and emotional at the moment>

Awww :smile: My sis has been with her boyfriend forever. I think it's so lovely the way she still gets really excited when he texts to say that he loves her, or when he rings her before bedtime to say goodnight. It's definitely true love when you feel just as happy and on top of the world as you did when it all started. I'm in a good mood now :tongue:
Reply 47
If i got pregnant and aborted it, my mother would abort me. guess i'd be keeping it then.
Reply 48
If I got pregnant I'd keep the baby, but I don't plan on having one for at least 10 years!

Also if I got prenant now my mum and dad would most likely kill me! (in a metorphoric (sp) sense)

Also I have the kind of view that you shouldn't have sex until you're ready for the consequences and could look after a baby and give it a good life...
Reply 49

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and i'm 19 and he's 28 so we've discussed this quite a lot.. I'm hopefully starting med school this september, and having a baby is something i want very much, but i want to be in the right state of mind and make sure that i have enough to offer a child financially and emotionally. If i were to become pregnant now, i would have the baby because i doubt i could abort. Even if i was at uni i think i may make the right decision. I've worked with children a lot and i was training as a nursery nurse. I spent a lot of time with teenage mums the same age as myself and i've seen how selfless it is to be a parent. I wouldn't become one through choice at my age, and i am careful, but if it happened i would try and deal with the consquences as best i could.
Reply 50
I'd abort no question.

A friend of mine turned 18 5 weeks ago, and now has a 4 week old baby boy...

Personally I couldnt and wouldnt give up uni for a mistake.
Reply 51
I'm not too sure about what I'd do..but no bf at the mo, so right at the moment it doesn't apply. I don't understand those 14 and 15 year old girls who say they chose to have babies, and planned their pregnancies. I don't know why they'd want to do it at such a young age.

One thing that really pisses me off is Bush. Has anyone heard how hes pledged something like $127 MILLION US Dollars for sex education - providing its all about abstinence and doesn't mention options like abortion. When I read this in the newspaper, I could not BELIEVE it. Does he really think that's going to help the huge number of teen pregnancies in the US? I already thought the man was an idiot, and this just proves my point. Of COURSE teenagers are going to be having sex, and not knowing how to prevent pregnancy or STD's is not going to help at all. If Bush gets re-elected in November, it will be proof that America is out of its mind.
I'd have an abortion. I had one last year because of a massive "what are the odds" thing. I was on the injection plus using condoms at the same time, (that's like a 0.0000000000000001% chance of happening) and I had one because I was not in a good place at the time.

I have to admit I've been feeling really broody recently, but I think that is because I miss my nieces and nephews because they are all going away to school and stuff now. However if I were to become pregnant in the next 5 years I would get rid of it.
I had the operation before and as long as you go into it with the right attitude (ie. all emotional etc which is hard due to the circumstances and huge amounts of hormones) it is quick painless and not very distressing.
However before the operation, I was in a lot of pain and stuff and I don't think I could of coped, even though I have a HIGH tolerance to pain. They gave me a bottle of codeine afterwards and said to take it if I ever felt pain...I've still got that bottle.

I do feel guilty at times, and then I see some of the girls from the estates pushing their pushchairs and then think how I am going to university in October. I am very thankful for it.
rachelina*
One thing that really pisses me off is Bush. Has anyone heard how hes pledged something like $127 MILLION US Dollars for sex education - providing its all about abstinence and doesn't mention options like abortion. When I read this in the newspaper, I could not BELIEVE it. Does he really think that's going to help the huge number of teen pregnancies in the US? I already thought the man was an idiot, and this just proves my point. Of COURSE teenagers are going to be having sex, and not knowing how to prevent pregnancy or STD's is not going to help at all. If Bush gets re-elected in November, it will be proof that America is out of its mind.

Who reckons that Bush was a virgin when he got married?
By the way, I didn't actually tell my parents that I had an abortion. I managed to keep the whole thing underwraps and do it almost entirely by myself...except my boyfriend was there for me...truth was though he was even more scared than I was. I was more pissed about not being able to eat for 12 hours beforehand and lying to my parents.

They actually found out when my mum went through some personal things looking for dirty socks and found the letter and the bottle of codeine, she cried she wasn't angry. She was upset I hadn't told her, then a few weeks later she shouted about it to my dad. He cried as well. They were actually very proud with me after I explained what happened and how brave I was. Not once did I shed a tear for the situation I was in (only in pain), not because I am heartless but because I realised the implications.

It's annoying though because it's still a rather taboo subject in our household, whenever something about abortion comes up on tv my dad looks at me to check my reaction. Even though it was a year ( a week and 4 days ago)
Reply 55
if it happened to me id have to keep it because i could never be responsable for killing another human being whether they are born or not also i know who the father would be and i would never give up something we created.
Reply 56
Danithestudent
By the way, I didn't actually tell my parents that I had an abortion. I managed to keep the whole thing underwraps and do it almost entirely by myself...except my boyfriend was there for me...truth was though he was even more scared than I was. I was more pissed about not being able to eat for 12 hours beforehand and lying to my parents.

They actually found out when my mum went through some personal things looking for dirty socks and found the letter and the bottle of codeine, she cried she wasn't angry. She was upset I hadn't told her, then a few weeks later she shouted about it to my dad. He cried as well. They were actually very proud with me after I explained what happened and how brave I was. Not once did I shed a tear for the situation I was in (only in pain), not because I am heartless but because I realised the implications.

It's annoying though because it's still a rather taboo subject in our household, whenever something about abortion comes up on tv my dad looks at me to check my reaction. Even though it was a year ( a week and 4 days ago)

I've always been pro-abortion and I've always felt that I could deal with it no problem, but now I'm not sure. I'd hate to keep it from my parents, but I live quite far away from them now and it's easier to say something like that over the phone! You must have felt quite lonely until they found out - are you glad that they know now?
Trousers
I've always been pro-abortion and I've always felt that I could deal with it no problem, but now I'm not sure. I'd hate to keep it from my parents, but I live quite far away from them now and it's easier to say something like that over the phone! You must have felt quite lonely until they found out - are you glad that they know now?

Not really, it's not had any consequences that are bad. My parents certainly realise I'm a grown up now...but it's rather ....I dunno. it's like a black mark against my name.

I'm the wild child
Reply 58
Danithestudent
Not really, it's not had any consequences that are bad. My parents certainly realise I'm a grown up now...but it's rather ....I dunno. it's like a black mark against my name.

I'm the wild child

Hmmm, that ain't good. Is that why you didn't tell them? Did you think they'd react this way?
snow_white
if it happened to me id have to keep it because i could never be responsable for killing another human being whether they are born or not also i know who the father would be and i would never give up something we created.

But is a foetus a human being?

Latest

Trending

Trending