The Student Room Group
shushimeng
arrrh i am confused... i don't know anything about college and sixth forms and what is the difference. well i got 13 A* 2 A and one B in all of my GCSE plus i got a B from As biology. does anyone know any college or sixth form that are really good and plus i want study medine in the future..
thanx love from louise

I'll say college are for more practical subjects like enginering, beauty, hair dressing, etc. If you want to study med in the future, i will advise you to study at a sixth-form, You'll have no problem getting into the sixth-form as you got 13A* the mim entry for sixth-form are 6 A*-C.
Reply 2
please everyone this is really really important for me.. :frown: i am claustrophobic now about this topic
Reply 3
shushimeng
arrrh i am confused... i don't know anything about college and sixth forms and what is the difference. well i got 13 A* 2 A and one B in all of my GCSE plus i got a B from As biology. does anyone know any college or sixth form that are really good and plus i want study medine in the future..
thanx love from louise

north londoner?

if so then woodhouse (n. finchley)

its excellent academically.
Reply 4
shushimeng
thanx love from louise

13a* :eek:
Reply 5
kikzen
north londoner?

if so then woodhouse (n. finchley)

its excellent academically.

i don't even know how many As i can take and how many i can carry on for A2
Reply 6
TheWolf
13a* :eek:

well i was want to get 15 A* but i am not really that good in English lang and lit i missed an A* by 11 mark in paper 1 and 3 mark in paper 2 :frown::frown:
Reply 7
well at least if anyone know where to get these kinda of informations...?? no??
Reply 8
ok no one cares.... :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:.....
Reply 9
with those grades you will do well wherever do not fret!
Reply 10
FaerieLand
with those grades you will do well wherever do not fret!

yeah but i don't know where to go, i feel like a losting boat don't know where to land..
Reply 11
i dunno about schools, but i'll tell you about a/s's

Most ppl take 4 a/s levels (not including general studies)

Then drop one subject for A level.

Some ppl however do more, some ppl do 5 a/s's and 4 a levels, some people just dont drop an a/s.

With 13 a* you could get 4 a levels, most ppl have 3 but 4 is an advantage.

You CAN do more, but its not really worthwhile pushing yourself, 4 is good enough!!
Reply 12
shushimeng
yeah but i don't know where to go, i feel like a losting boat don't know where to land..

What about the one you go to at the moment? or have i missed that somewhere in the thread?
Reply 13
FaerieLand
What about the one you go to at the moment? or have i missed that somewhere in the thread?

well i go to secondary school which doesn't have a sixth form..
Reply 14
hester
i dunno about schools, but i'll tell you about a/s's

Most ppl take 4 a/s levels (not including general studies)

Then drop one subject for A level.

Some ppl however do more, some ppl do 5 a/s's and 4 a levels, some people just dont drop an a/s.

With 13 a* you could get 4 a levels, most ppl have 3 but 4 is an advantage.

You CAN do more, but its not really worthwhile pushing yourself, 4 is good enough!!

owow thanks
what is general studies??
Reply 15
shushimeng
well i go to secondary school which doesn't have a sixth form..

ahh fairysnuffly! luckily mine did it is ok but since i do not live near london... try the guardian tables or whichever newspaper it is. Im sure its on the web, youknow the ones after GCSE's and Alevel results
Reply 16
Ok.. pm me.. I can help u a bit more, but I have a q for you too... lol..
Reply 17
hester
Ok.. pm me.. I can help u a bit more, but I have a q for you too... lol..

what question??
Reply 18
are you taking a year out between GCSE and 6th form or something? how come you have your gcse results alrewady?
Reply 19
fifi53
are you taking a year out between GCSE and 6th form or something? how come you have your gcse results alrewady?

i took it last year and now i am still in school few days a week to do GCSE astronomy

Latest

Trending

Trending