The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone...?
Reply 2
By the time I die, I plan to have 90 of them.
Reply 3
I've no idea, but I'd imagine so. If you did two degrees though, it'd probably be combined into 1 or something and called:

BA French and Drama Studies with Science and Literature :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Pencil
By the time I die, I plan to have 90 of them.

and a heck of a debt
Reply 5
Pencil
I've no idea, but I'd imagine so. If you did two degrees though, it'd probably be combined into 1 or something and called:

BA French and Drama Studies with Science and Literature :rolleyes:

If they did that, it would be one degree. You wouldn't have 2 degrees, and there wouldn't be 2 degrees worth of work to do either. I don't think there are any courses where you can get 2 bachelor degrees at the same time.

Generally I would say having a masters is better. Masters are at a higher level, whereas taking a degree at the same level as your previous degree won't impress as much as a masters. Could be subject dependent tho.
Reply 6
You can still have two masters degrees.

Ben
crescendo
Also, is it possible to do two degree's at the same time? (if you've got the brains), or won't universities allow this...?

Yes, a friend of a friend (of a friend!) is studying for two degrees. Although essentially he's only doing just over half of each degree whilst he's at university, he'll be awarded a full "degree" from each department.

I think it's either Sheffield or Manchester he's studying at.
Reply 8
You can do two first degrees.

I know someone who has a degree in law, but has decided to become a priest. He's now studying for a BA in theology at St Andrews. He'll still have his law degree, but will also get a theology degree, and was allowed to get 'advanced standing' and skip the first year because he is a graduate. It's best to do a masters tho (what I intend to do) unless you genuinely change your mind about what you want to do.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Hey, just a thought, but for applying to university, what would they think if you had like 8 A-levels or something.
Reply 10
Iluvatar
Hey, just a thought, but for applying to university, what would they think if you had like 8 A-levels or something.

they wouldnt care, as long as you met your offer. If they want AAB and you get ABBBBBBB, goodbye.
Iluvatar

They'd probably think u were some kind of psychopathic, worringly stuffy academic type with absolutely no social life and turn u down.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Iluvatar

If you had 10 or more than 999 tarriff points they would be worried because the fields that return number of A levels and total tarriff score are 1 and 3 figures respectively (essentially 10 AL would feed through to HESA as either 0 or 1 and 1000 tarriff points would feed through as either 100 or 000).
Reply 13
Pencil Queen
If you had 10 or more than 999 tarriff points they would be worried because the fields that return number of A levels and total tarriff score are 1 and 3 figures respectively (essentially 10 AL would feed through to HESA as either 0 or 1 and 1000 tarriff points would feed through as either 100 or 000).

or you could write it in hexadecimal as A and 3E8