The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

france
Reply 2
Turkey
Reply 3
Bristol
Reply 4
I really think that those who choose to believe that we lost because of political voting seem to neglect the one blaringly obvious possiblity, our song was not all that good. Maybe we didn't get many points because we entered a bad song, not because all europe is ganging up against us.
Reply 5
wiwarin_mir
I really think that those who choose to believe that we lost because of political voting seem to neglect the one blaringly obvious possiblity, our song was not all that good. Maybe we didn't get many points because we entered a bad song, not because all europe is ganging up against us.

Do you honestly believe it is not political? Cyprus and Greece each giving each other 12 points, ditto with Russia and Ukraine. Norway got its only points from Sweden, Monoco gave full points to France and most of our points came from Ireland
Reply 6
I do think we didnt enter a great song,

however the political voting needs to be controlled - its basically who has the most neihbours wins

Anyway it doesnt matter as the eurovision doesnt mean anything. All the songs on there last night were crap - i would not buy one of them if they came out
Reply 7
i liked the cyprian entry, and the bosnian one.....it was way funni
Reply 8
~Sam~
Do you honestly believe it is not political? Cyprus and Greece each giving each other 12 points, ditto with Russia and Ukraine. Norway got its only points from Sweden, Monoco gave full points to France and most of our points came from Ireland

Some of it might be political, but other parts of it are not so. I can understand fully why we got no points last year, our entry was terrible.
Cyprus was the best of them, but my fave was the turkish entry.
Reply 10
Greece were my pick of the bunch and had the best song.
I know we entered a shite song, but a very high percentage is political, no question about that.

I wanted Bosnia to win, but Ukraine was well deserved. It was mad...
Reply 12
all of the songs are pretty poor imo
Reply 13
ireland, belgium or sweden
Reply 14
TheWolf
all of the songs are pretty poor imo
They year a good song enters Eurovision is the year that the political side is overthrown. As yet the politics reigns supreme in this biggest popularity contest of nations.
I Liked that Cyprus girl. :smile:
Reply 16
I only saw the results and the woman getting her shoe stuck!

The political thing is true though because when the were goign through the points before they even started on particualr countries Terry Wogan was predicting who they would give the most points too, and he was always right!
Reply 17
wiwarin_mir
Some of it might be political, but other parts of it are not so. I can understand fully why we got no points last year, our entry was terrible.

That's a bit of an understatement. Wogan was predicting where a lot of the twelve points were going to go. Think back to the other Eurovisions and a lot of the votes were the same and have been for as long as i've watched it. A friend of mine was telling someone else how political it was and asked him a few questions on who he thought certain countries would have voted for. He got all of them right!
none of them, i think it's a wase of time.
Reply 19
JeSuS_sLiCeR
none of them, i think it's a wase of time.

true.
they can't sing at all, God why are people listening to that crap?

Latest

Trending

Trending