The Student Room Group
Real lost 4-1, causing them to finish 4th in the table. :biggrin:

Barcelona got 2nd. :biggrin: (Despite losing)
Reply 2581
mc_watson87

Oh dear. They remind me of United. The fallen giant... but have fear, both will rise again.
Reply 2582
mc_watson87

I can't believe that with the wealth of talent that Real have, they have performed so terribly in the latter half of their domestic season....and Juwel they ain't like United, theres is a story of a sudden slump...while United has been a gradual decline!
arse
Reply 2584
TheWolf
arse

and how many trophys did chelsea win this season?
Reply 2585
Kuz
I can't believe that with the wealth of talent that Real have, they have performed so terribly in the latter half of their domestic season....and Juwel they ain't like United, theres is a story of a sudden slump...while United has been a gradual decline!

I think not. We both began to decline at exactly the same stage of the season.
Reply 2586
piginapoke
I don't think they've declined, just failed to progress as much as Chelsea or Arsenal have.

Ooh I like that one :biggrin:
Reply 2587
ZJuwelH

But Real have a much better team than Utd and actually seemed like title contenders at one time. Arsenal have completely dominated the Prem this season.

Also, to compare Utd as giants in the same league as Real is rather far fetched.
Reply 2588
Lord Huntroyde
But Real have a much better team than Utd and actually seemed like title contenders at one time. Arsenal have completely dominated the Prem this season.

Also, to compare Utd as giants in the same league as Real is rather far fetched.

We were top and genuine contenders at one time were we not?

The way I see it it's a new era for United, the beginning of which we are still in as we phase out the oldies.

And we are still the world's biggest club.
Reply 2589
ZJuwelH

piginapoke
I don't think they've declined, just failed to progress as much as Chelsea or Arsenal have.

No, Utd have had a generally bad season, from start to near finsh (we won't include what happened on Saturday in this instance), however Real have had a real late season slump, there was nothing really Gradual about there decline. Although I do agree with the fact that both teams run of CONSECUTIVE LOSSES! are very very similar, and run-along side each other!
Reply 2590
ZJuwelH
We were top and genuine contenders at one time were we not?

The way I see it it's a new era for United, the beginning of which we are still in as we phase out the oldies.

You've only really contended for the CL once and really didn't deserve to win it (not detracting from the victory, just looking at the facts).

World's biggest club financially but in the terms of legendary clubs AC, Barca and Real are miles ahead.
Reply 2591
ZJuwelH

Promotionally yes!

But what has that got to do with football quality which is in disscussion at this moment
Reply 2592
Kuz
No, Utd have had a generally bad season, from start to near finsh (we won't include what happened on Saturday in this instance), however Real have had a real late season slump, there was nothing really Gradual about there decline. Although I do agree with the fact that both teams run of CONSECUTIVE LOSSES! are very very similar, and run-along side each other!

So being top in January was part of a bad season from start to finish, despite at the time being ahead of an unbeaten team. What wonderful logic.
Reply 2593
piginapoke
Yes. Then Arsenal went on a mad run of 10 or 11 wins

Please see my signature! :biggrin:
Reply 2594
Lord Huntroyde
You've only really contended for the CL once and really didn't deserve to win it (not detracting from the victory, just looking at the facts).

World's biggest club financially but in the terms of legendary clubs AC, Barca and Real are miles ahead.

Never mind our semi-final exit to Leverkusen where we lost neither leg. Or the one key fact that winning the CL usually indicates that we did infact deserve it.
Reply 2595
ZJuwelH
So being top in January was part of a bad season from start to finish, despite at the time being ahead of an unbeaten team. What wonderful logic.

You cannot deny that utd started the season well and gradually got worse and worse, ending with those consecutive losses at the end of the season!

ZJuwelH
What wonderful logic.

Why thank you! :rolleyes:
Reply 2596
Kuz
You cannot deny that utd started the season well and gradually got worse and worse, ending with those consecutive losses at the end of the season!

Well then your theory that our season was bad from start to finish rather goes to pot doesn't it. Come back when you know something, your "blondeness" throughout the history of this thread and before has often irritated me.
Reply 2597
ZJuwelH
Never mind our semi-final exit to Leverkusen where we lost neither leg. Or the one key fact that winning the CL usually indicates that we did infact deserve it.

Still, Utd have never really been a CL force, a few seasons where you won it once and progressed well in other years but Utd have never properly shone on the European stage.
i doubt any1 is interested but lyon won 3-0against lille tonight :biggrin: im happy:biggrin:
Reply 2599
ZJuwelH
Well then your theory that our season was bad from start to finish rather goes to pot doesn't it. Come back when you know something, your "blondeness" throughout the history of this thread and before has often irritated me.

God! you are such an "uppited pratt" when it comes to others opinions throughout this thread!
I initially stated that utd downfall has been graudual from a good start, to a dismal excluding saturday finish...i bloody know that utd wer top of the league in January, but that was for a nominal period, and when you include the fact that they were knocked out of the CL in March! You can say that utd had a POORER mid-seson, and then the losses to teams utd should have destroyed at the end of the season, add to gradual POORER form of utd, showing a trend of gradual decline, is it not your highness...believe it or not your opinions are not more important than that of others! :rolleyes: !

If your too dumb to understand that do you want me to draw you a picture!