The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
yeah i think so

man, the accomodation office is so shit, i called up today and they didnt even know what had happened to my application. i got what i wanted, ensuite @ raleigh park but if i didnt call them, then they wouldnt have even sent a letter or anything

i guess all those people who said the office was shit were right, loads of my friends are in the same position too. i had to call all of them and tell them to ring the office to sort it out
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Tell me about it, i've said this many times on the forum but first they never told me that they hadn't received my results (meaning that my accomo application gets processed late), and now I found out that they haven't sent me a very important letter for international students on tuition. Now i can't get the 5% discount as the deadline has finished. Pissed the hell out of me so I wrote a complaint letter.
Reply 3
young_free
Mine just says single study and then the hall. Does that mean it's not en-suite

yep, single study means a largish room with a basin, you'll share bathroom/shower with up to 6 other people
Reply 4
What implications does that have?

Oh God no not cubicles??!!!

Is it like a communal bathroom?
Reply 5
young_free
What implications does that have?

Oh God no not cubicles??!!!

Is it like a communal bathroom?

no no, what hall are you in? you should have a basin in your room for general washing/puking when desperate, then a shower in its own room, a seperate toilet and a seperate bath, nothing communal! :biggrin:
Reply 6
rah2
no no, what hall are you in? you should have a basin in your room for general washing/puking when desperate, then a shower in its own room, a seperate toilet and a seperate bath, nothing communal! :biggrin:

I'm in Florence Boots- was told it was really nice? What do you think?
Reply 7
young_free
I'm in Florence Boots- was told it was really nice? What do you think?

I think I've said this before on here somewhere...Florence Boot is a really nice hall :smile: It's next to the West Entrance so you're close to Beeston (ideal for food/stationary shopping and buses into the city). It's not huge, but unlike most of the other halls, it's just one, nice building. One side looks out over Jubilee Avenue towards the Trent building and the other across a large, grassy field (which is used by people in the hall). I'm not sure if they have rooms on with windows facing out towards the lake, but there is that possibility. The hall's right next to the end of the lake which is really pretty in summer and autumn. The only disadvantage is that it's a bit futher to walk than most of the other halls to get to lectures, but it's not a huge difference and is only five/ten minutes to the Trent building. Hope that's of some reassurance :smile:

Latest