The Student Room Group

Why Dont Oxford And Cambridge Make More Space??????

WHY NOT?

IF TEHRE ARE SO MANY APPLICANTS AND MANY WHO ARE DEFINITELY UP TO OXBRIDGE STANDARD GET REJECTED EACH YEAR DUE TO THE SHEER NUMBER OF APPLICANTS, THEN WHY NOT MAKE OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE BIGGER?

SURELY THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO FUND SUCH A PROJECT, CONSIDERING THE PRESTIGE OF TEH UNIVERSITIES.

I MEAN, MANY GET TURNED AWAY EACH YEAR, OFTEN RELYING ON "LUCK" DUE TO THE SITUATION OXFORD FACE WITH SO MANY CANDIDATES. IT WOULD BE A BETTER SOLUTION THAN POINTLESSLY TURNING AWAY APPLICANTS WHO ARE GOOD ENOUGH.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I MEAN, ALEXANDER GOT 10 A*'s AT GCSE AND STRAIGHT A GRADES AT AS LEVEL, CLEARLY HE IS DEFINITELY UP TO OXBRIDGE STANDARD, EVEN BETTER THAN NEEDED PERHAPS. IF SUCH A DEVELOPMENT WOULD STOP PEOPLE LIKE HIM STUPIDLY BEING TURNED AWAY, THEN WHY NOT?

IT WOULDNT AFFECT THE STANDARD OF OXBRIDGE, END OF THE DAY ALL THAT WOULD HAPPEN IS THAT THOSE WHO REALLY DID DESERVE TO GO AND WERE GOOD ENOUGH, ENDED UP GOING INSTEAD OF EBING REJECTED DUE TO RELYING ON "LUCK".

APPRECIATE YOUR VIEWS.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
getting good grades does not mean your intelligent.
Reply 2
corey
getting good grades does not mean your intelligent.

INTELLIGENCE WONT GET U A FIRST CLASS DEGREE.
Reply 3
TINNEY
INTELLIGENCE WONT GET U A FIRST CLASS DEGREE.

of course....
Cambridge and Oxford receive less applications per place than places like Nottingham and so on.

Perhaps all universities should expand to the point where everyone is forced to do a degree, if only due to the fact that the universities own all the living space and a condition of renting is taking a degree?

Still, you make a brilliant point. Well, so I assume due to the capital letters.

a.
Reply 5
The more competition and less places there are, the better the standard of the people who study there, I think.
Reply 6
corey
of course....

well if people are good enough to get top grads then why cant they get a first class degree?
Reply 7
Btw MASKALL ALERT.
Reply 8
Adhsur
Btw MASKALL ALERT.

shut up. that has no relevance to the thread
Reply 9
TINNEY
well if people are good enough to get top grads then why cant they get a first class degree?

*sighs* I give up.
Reply 10
corey
*sighs* I give up.

exactly. alexander got rejected from ox (undeservedly) yet he will get a first class degree.
TINNEY
exactly. alexander got rejected from ox (undeservedly) yet he will get a first class degree.

You don't know why he was rejected and you certainly don't know if he will get a first.

a.
Reply 12
TINNEY
shut up. that has no relevance to the thread

Why do you continue to post under different names?

I just thought people should beware :tongue:
Reply 13
TINNEY

There are insitutes for people like you...
Oxbridge like to feel that they have selected only a few, that meet up to the high standard.
Reply 15
corey
There are insitutes for people like you...

yes i know, oxford and cambridge.
Reply 16
Well if you go to Cambridge don't expect anybody to employ you unless you change your attitude and grow some common sence.
Reply 17
Adhsur
Why do you continue to post under different names?

I just thought people should beware :tongue:

why do the mods not just ban him?
TINNEY
i made it clearly obvious by posting in capitals and having a username in capitals u stupid indian

How rude.
Reply 19
corey
why do the mods not just ban him?

you do wonder...

Latest

Trending

Trending