The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
fred86
So anybody know the (realistic) liklihood of getting a place on reinterview? And lol why do I have two and everybody else only one?!

I probably have 2 have 3!!!!
Reply 2
alexa
I probably have 2 have 3!!!!

Sorry?! :confused:
Reply 3
fred86
So anybody know the (realistic) liklihood of getting a place on reinterview? And lol why do I have two and everybody else only one?!

I think that 92% thing has to be wrong. Otherwise whats the point of reinterviewing, they may as well just offer a place.
Reply 4
Goat
I think that 92% thing has to be wrong. Otherwise whats the point of reinterviewing, they may as well just offer a place.

yeh i know, i can't quite figure all the stats that people keep saying. ignore my 92! so confusing, guess we just gotta see what happens!
Reply 5
fred86
yeh i know, i can't quite figure all the stats that people keep saying. ignore my 92! so confusing, guess we just gotta see what happens!

I was sent statistics suggesting that, I think we must just be reading it wrong. Or theyve missed something out.
Reply 6
Goat
I was sent statistics suggesting that, I think we must just be reading it wrong. Or theyve missed something out.

yeh lol cos they don't add up either!
Reply 7
I've emailed Robinson to ask how many people are applying for how many places.

I dont know if they'll be able to tell me though.
Reply 8
im so sick of waiting...........im quite surwe i would have heard by now if there was anything.....so just gona try n forget abt it
Reply 9
Tina
im so sick of waiting...........im quite surwe i would have heard by now if there was anything.....so just gona try n forget abt it

Gonna be difficult to forget about if you stay in the oxbridge section!
Reply 10
Hi goat,

I applied for robinson college too, and i was pooled. I read the statistics and i worked out that there was about an 18% chance of getting a place.

Out of the 14000 applicants 3000 get a place and then a further 3500 get pooled.

Out of this 3500, 600 geta place 200 without interview and 400 with interview

I was extremely lucky because i received a phonecall from robinson telling me i had got an offer without interview, to study natural sciences.

what are u studying?

chopworld
Reply 11
Chopworld
Hi goat,

I applied for robinson college too, and i was pooled. I read the statistics and i worked out that there was about an 18% chance of getting a place.

Out of the 14000 applicants 3000 get a place and then a further 3500 get pooled.

I was extremely lucky because i received a phonecall from robinson telling me i had got an offer without interview, to study natural sciences.

what are u studying?

chopworld

Computer Science.

So you applied to Robinson, were pooled, and then they phoned you to give you an offer without interview? Surely you already had an interview with them before you were pooled?!
Reply 12
Goat
Computer Science.

So you applied to Robinson, were pooled, and then they phoned you to give you an offer without interview? Surely you already had an interview with them before you were pooled?!

yes, of course, i mean i didnt have the second interview that most sucessful pooled applicants have to go through. I was surprised when they called me as i thought it was an invitation for another interview at different college. Im glad im still at robinson.

The strange thing was, the admissions tutor who called me congratulated me and said i had done very well. then why the hell was i pooled? Strange
Reply 13
Chopworld
Hi goat,

what are u studying?

chopworld

but... we don't know out of that 3500 how many get re-interviews!
Reply 14
Chopworld
yes, of course, i mean i didnt have the second interview that most sucessful pooled applicants have to go through. I was surprised when they called me as i thought it was an invitation for another interview at different college. Im glad im still at robinson.

The strange thing was, the admissions tutor who called me congratulated me and said i had done very well. then why the hell was i pooled? Strange

I guess they wanted to see if there was anyone even better in the pool, which there wasnt. Why did you chose Robinson? I'm glad that my second interview was there - it sounds really nice. What was it like when you went up there?
Reply 15
fred86
but... we don't know out of that 3500 how many get re-interviews!

I guess its "classified information".

Have you contacted your college to ask?
Reply 16
Goat
I guess its "classified information".

Have you contacted your college to ask?

no, don't wanna contact them or anything, cos even if I knew it's not gonna change anything so I'll just see what happens on sat. I don't think it's right to be contacting admissions really
Reply 17
Goat
I guess they wanted to see if there was anyone even better in the pool, which there wasnt. Why did you chose Robinson? I'm glad that my second interview was there - it sounds really nice. What was it like when you went up there?

It was really nice. Ive seen a few colleges in cambridge and i thought that robinson had by far the best accomadation. Ive read that it is refered to by other colleges as the 'car park', however i really liked it. It modern and thats what i like. Even though kings and trinity have such outstanding reputation but i think i wouldnt really be comfortable in those type of buidling (you know the cathedral-like ones). When i first applied i didnt really have a clue about the colleges so i just did an open application. However after i had sent it off, i started looking at the colleges, a stupid thing to do for a cambridge applicant right? But i was really glad when i got robinson. In the prospectus i said that it was a chilled college which i found quite appealing.

For fred, im not sure how many get reinterviewed but 400 of those who get in are through interviews,
Reply 18
Chopworld
It was really nice. Ive seen a few colleges in cambridge and i thought that robinson had by far the best accomadation. Ive read that it is refered to by other colleges as the 'car park', however i really liked it. It modern and thats what i like. Even though kings and trinity have such outstanding reputation but i think i wouldnt really be comfortable in those type of buidling (you know the cathedral-like ones). When i first applied i didnt really have a clue about the colleges so i just did an open application. However after i had sent it off, i started looking at the colleges, a stupid thing to do for a cambridge applicant right? But i was really glad when i got robinson. In the prospectus i said that it was a chilled college which i found quite appealing.

For fred, im not sure how many get reinterviewed but 400 of those who get in are through interviews,

Do you know if you have to pay extra for the en-suite rooms? I heard that most of the rooms were en-suite, I dont know if this means most of them are expensive.
Reply 19
the statistics are just so confusing.....they dont make sense and dont help

Latest

Trending

Trending