The Student Room Group

do you get this?

Read the following - do you understand it?

Dancing elegantly around each other coyly without any music, they never met or touched. The movement on the marbled checkered floor echoed in the majestic hall, as all eyes gazed on them occasionally clapping. It seemed to on forever for the dancers dressed in black and white, gracefully moving in a combination of steps used for decades until only there were only four of dancers left. Two blackly dressed, Two whitely dressed. The dance was almost complete, soon there would be a solo dancer left on the floor engulfed in celebration. This time it would be white.

“Checkmate,” said the girl as she made her final move and then rested her hands on her navy pleated skirt.

Scroll to see replies

Nah that isn't funny, you know it's chess anyway....silly intellegencia jokes
Reply 2
a_musical_gal

Dancing elegantly around each other coyly without any music, they never met or touched. The movement on the marbled checkered floor echoed in the majestic hall, as all eyes gazed on them occasionally clapping. It seemed to on forever for the dancers dressed in black and white, gracefully moving in a combination of steps used for decades until only there were only four of dancers left. Two blackly dressed, Two whitely dressed. The dance was almost complete, soon there would be a solo dancer left on the floor engulfed in celebration. This time it would be white.

“Checkmate,” said the girl as she made her final move and then rested her hands on her navy pleated skirt.

Very vlever, though it should be, "dressed in black" etc.

and add some commas to it. Looks like a pretty unique way of writing it.
2 2776
Very vlever, though it should be, "dressed in black" etc.

and add some commas to it. Looks like a pretty unique way of writing it.

:biggrin: where would you like the commas?

Reason I ask is that I just asked my mum the read it and she went "how come she has a Navy skirt when everyone is dressed in black and white?"
Reply 4
a_musical_gal
:biggrin: where would you like the commas?

Reason I ask is that I just asked my mum the read it and she went "how come she has a Navy skirt when everyone is dressed in black and white?"

*chuckles* I liked that one. Thought it was chess, but couldn't be entirely sure until DtheStudent said so. Very nice. :smile:
Reply 5
Dancing elegantly around each other coyly without any music, they neither met nor touched. The movement on the marbled checkered floor echoed in the majestic hall, as all eyes gazed on them, occasionally clapping. It seemed to on forever for the dancers dressed in black and white, gracefully moving in a combination of steps used for decades, until only there were [deleted] four [deleted]dancers left. Two dressed in black, Two dressed in white. The dance was almost complete, soon there would be a solo dancer left on the floor engulfed in celebration. This time it would be white.

Reply 6
2 2776
Dancing elegantly around each other coyly without any music, they neither met nor touched. The movement on the marbled checkered floor echoed in the majestic hall, as all eyes gazed on them, occasionally clapping. It seemed to on forever for the dancers dressed in black and white, gracefully moving in a combination of steps used for decades, until only there were [deleted] four [deleted]dancers left. Two dressed in black, Two dressed in white. The dance was almost complete, soon there would be a solo dancer left on the floor engulfed in celebration. This time it would be white.

*nods* does sound a bit better like that.
I don't get it.
Reply 8
a_musical_gal

i liked it
it is very good :smile:
I have more of this story ready for you if you want to read it that is.
Reply 10
a_musical_gal

It sounds interesting, hit me with it.
Reply 11
a_musical_gal

I do want. Please post it :smile:
Reply 12
Sire
I do want. Please post it :smile:

me too
Reply 13
Is it coming? I've got to get to work soon is all. All dressed and waiting to go
Dancing elegantly around each other coyly without any music, they neither met nor touched. The movement on the marbled checkered floor echoed in the majestic hall, as all eyes gazed on them, occasionally clapping. It seemed to on forever for the dancers dressed in black and white, gracefully moving in a combination of steps used for decades, until only there were four dancers left. Two dressed in black, two dressed in white. The dance was almost complete, soon there would be a solo dancer left on the floor engulfed in celebration. This time it would be white.

“Checkmate,” said the girl as she made her final move and then rested her hands on her navy pleated skirt. Her opponent just sat in shock. A delighted innocent smile appeared on her face as she rose for the parents’ applause like Mr. Parsons told her, before shaking the dumbfounded runner up’s hand and leaving the stage, her boots tapping gently on the wooden floor.

The reward ceremony would take place later. She would come on the stage and be presented with a small cup with the school’s name and event engraved finely. Georgina, her best friend, would also recieve the cup which she had won in a fierce match of tennis the day before. It was going to be perfect!

She pictured her being presented with the cup, the headmistress shaking her hand, the audience’s applause, her father’s proud face, her mother joyfully weeping and then his face appeared brightly smiling. Julian. He was a best friend of Georgina’s brother who she had met during a stay at Georgina’s house last summer. He only spoke to her a few times but she adored him, her boy with the sparkling blue eyes.
Reply 15
you really talentated :smile:
_EMMA_
you really talentated :smile:

:eek: ME??? TALENTATED??? :eek:
Reply 17
Did you write that?
Reply 18
a_musical_gal
:eek: ME??? TALENTATED??? :eek:

hmm, yeah it was a compliment.
not many people can put down words like that.
Yep every word.

Latest