The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cyst
If social change contributed to the effects of the war, surely a war will contribute towards another social change, and this in turn will lead to a further war. Does this mean WW3 is imminent?

No, because your 'logic' is stupid and flawed.
Reply 2
Mr White
No, because your 'logic' is stupid and flawed.

I don't think the newbie meant it as logic. Though I suppose the social change as in the rise of Hitler in Nazi Germany caused the Second World War, and going by her logic, if I understand correctly, then what shes trying to say is that, the social change occuring now, ie. the rise of the Americans, then this will contribute to a third world war.
Reply 3
Mad Caddie
I don't think the newbie meant it as logic. Though I suppose the social change as in the rise of Hitler in Nazi Germany caused the Second World War, and going by her logic, if I understand correctly, then what shes trying to say is that, the social change occuring now, ie. the rise of the Americans, then this will contribute to a third world war.

No, because American superiority is unquestionable, just look at Iraq. In the first two World Wars, both sides were more-or-less evenly matched. This time, however, America could easily annihalate every other country in the world.
Reply 4
Mr White
No, because American superiority is unquestionable, just look at Iraq. In the first two World Wars, both sides were more-or-less evenly matched. This time, however, America could easily annihalate every other country in the world.

Argueable yes. But if you think about all those countries which allegedly have WMD and given that the majority of them have severed links with the US, or at least are not on good terms with the US, then it is quite possible that if these countries group together, and form an effective army/armies, then they could surely match the US power. Thus causing war.
Reply 5
Mad Caddie
Argueable yes. But if you think about all those countries which allegedly have WMD and given that the majority of them have severed links with the US, or at least are not on good terms with the US, then it is quite possible that if these countries group together, and form an effective army/armies, then they could surely match the US power. Thus causing war.

A fair point, but I still doubt that an alliance of every other superpower would be able to match America. I mean, what is there to offer?

Russia - they have enough problems, what with Chechnya, Putin, general incompetence, etc.

Britain - not with 'Supertony' trying to save the world, I'm afraid.

EU - too much redtape ("well, we want a 9 month investigation before we go to war, and after that we'll have another investigation into the reliability of the first").

The Middle-East - all of those Arabic countries are in a shambles, those
that aren't sycophantic have already been disarmed by USA.

India / Pakistan - uh... no.
Mr White

Indeed, he's pretty useless when he has his heart attacks.
Reply 7
Mr White
A fair point, but I still doubt that an alliance of every other superpower would be able to match America. I mean, what is there to offer?

Russia - they have enough problems, what with Chechnya, Putin, general incompetence, etc.

EU - too much redtape ("well, we want a 9 month investigation before we go to war, and after that we'll have another investigation into the reliability of the first").

The Middle-East - all of those Arabic countries are in a shambles, those
that aren't sycophantic have already been disarmed by USA.

India / Pakistan - uh... no.

Suppose, but see, Im thinking along the lines of the Arabs. If they form some sort of Alliance, then they for sure have the money and technology to overcome the US?

Though its pretty certain that this will never happen as Middle Eastern polotics will get the better of them.
Reply 8
Mad Caddie
Suppose, but see, Im thinking along the lines of the Arabs. If they form some sort of Alliance, then they for sure have the money and technology to overcome the US?

Though its pretty certain that this will never happen as Middle Eastern polotics will get the better of them.

Firstly, they all hate each other, so an alliance is out of the question. Secondly, all of the independant leaders who opposed the US have been dethroned and replaced, anyway. Thirdly, what 'modern' technology they have is ancient, usually stolen from an abandoned Russian military base.

Latest

Trending

Trending