The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If the ice is thick enough you can walk straight across.
Reply 2
DazYa
You are stranded on an island and your objective is to get across to an island opposite that is 50 metres away. There is a frozen lake seperating the two islands and you have a Pick Axe and a Rope.

How do you get across?

if the lake is frozen you could just walk on it?
Reply 3
samd294
If the ice is thick enough you can walk straight across.

Either that or you tie the rope to the pick axe and throw it into the ice and pull urself along??? Silly i know but i know what i mean lol :redface:
Reply 4
DazYa
You are stranded on an island and your objective is to get across to an island opposite that is 50 metres away. There is a frozen lake seperating the two islands and you have a Pick Axe and a Rope.

How do you get across?

Wait a minute.....how can you be stranded on an island that youy can just walk off???? Hmmmm.........
Reply 5
use the pickaxe to dig a tunnel between the two islands.
Reply 6
DazYa

How do you get across?

Er, you could walk? Failing that, use the pick axe to make a small wooden boat, then hack away at the ice in front of you on the lake to clear a path for the boat. Assuming there are trees, of course!
Reply 7
DazYa

How do you get across?

Okay now you gotta tell us........
The_Barman
Either that or you tie the rope to the pick axe and throw it into the ice and pull urself along??? Silly i know but i know what i mean lol :redface:

yer i know what u mean i was gunna say that as well, but hang on surely you cna only choose one?
Reply 9
surely, if its a lake, you could just walk round it?! :confused:
Reply 10
Ollie
surely, if its a lake, you could just walk round it?! :confused:

i thought taht...unless it is a big lake and both the islands are in it?
DazYa

How do you get across?

You tie the rope to the pick axe, and throw it across to the other side, using the pick axe to impail itself on the other island, and then, as its so cold, the rope would be frozen rigid, and then you can just walk across it.
Reply 12
DazYa

How do you get across?
lakes are internal, u need to be in the midle of the sea to be stranded
Reply 13
~*glitter*~
lakes are internal, u need to be in the midle of the sea to be stranded

Again i say he aint stranded coz how can you be stranded on something you can walk off. He didnt say the water was thin ice so we must use the info he gave us....its solid and im walking away :smile:
Reply 14
hehe well done to some of you :smile: im impressed

the answer: You walk across it
i never mentioned you had to use the rope and pick axe :P
Reply 15
DazYa

YES!!!!! :smile: :tongue: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
DazYa

:rolleyes:
Well duh!
Reply 17
DazYa

Mind you, you could attach the rope to the pick axe, and then dig the pick axe into the Island before walking across the ice. That way, if the ice breaks, you can still pull yourself out.
Reply 18
Kirki
Mind you, you could attach the rope to the pick axe, and then dig the pick axe into the Island before walking across the ice. That way, if the ice breaks, you can still pull yourself out.

Lol there's always one :rolleyes:
Reply 19
The_Barman
Lol there's always one :rolleyes:

*takes a bow* Glad to have complicated things :tongue:

Latest