The Student Room Group
Reply 1
a_musical_gal
I have composers block so I have given up composing for this evening...

I don't know what is wrong with me...yesterday it was writers block and tonight composers block...grrr

sorry what is composers block?
Reply 2
TheWolf
sorry what is composers block?

Like writer's block but with music, surprisingly.

Luckily, I only suffer from writer's block, but thats bads enough, esp during mocks/exams :mad:
Reply 3
a_musical_gal
I have composers block so I have given up composing for this evening...

I don't know what is wrong with me...yesterday it was writers block and tonight composers block...grrr

I know exactly what you mean!! I'm writing three Elizabethan style dances for my A level composition, and as I'm rubbish at composition I find it really hard and I'm way behind everyone else :frown: oh well, I'm ahead of them at most of the other stuff!
Eeyore
I know exactly what you mean!! I'm writing three Elizabethan style dances for my A level composition, and as I'm rubbish at composition I find it really hard and I'm way behind everyone else :frown: oh well, I'm ahead of them at most of the other stuff!

It always turns out good in the end though! :smile:
Eeyore

Mine is two compositions from the Baroque or One from the Baroque and a Jazz
We have to do a vocal composition with given wordss which are awful. I am writing for double choir and have discovered that however capabkle I am of baroque and rennaissance counterpoint doing free counterpoint with words is shit hard. Good luck with it.

MB
Reply 7
a_musical_gal
Mine is two compositions from the Baroque or One from the Baroque and a Jazz

i make music just for fun and we have a tip where you just go and make something of another style and you'll come back with some new ideas.

or just sit at the keyboard with a tape or your midi sequencer recording what you do and just play anything lke you're doodling for an hour and listen to it later on and you might come up with something you like.
musicboy
We have to do a vocal composition with given wordss which are awful. I am writing for double choir and have discovered that however capabkle I am of baroque and rennaissance counterpoint doing free counterpoint with words is shit hard. Good luck with it.

MB

Wow!!! Good Luck to you!

I want to get these done asap because then I had to worry about

- 2000 word essay
- Grade 7 Piano exam
- Grade 3 Clarinet exam
- Grade 5 theory exam
- Which Compersitions I send off to Unis
Reply 9
well i can tell u lot are all doin GCSE. do u get told what compositions to do???
my class is doin 4 areas of study, baroque forms - ternary etc., singing stuff - musicals, jazz/blues and indian
we have to do 2 of these by the end of nxt year, its gr8 fun! i jst cnt play very well...
Lokolo
well i can tell u lot are all doin GCSE. do u get told what compositions to do???
my class is doin 4 areas of study, baroque forms - ternary etc., singing stuff - musicals, jazz/blues and indian
we have to do 2 of these by the end of nxt year, its gr8 fun! i jst cnt play very well...

I'm not doing gcse I'm ddoing A2 - off tpo cambridge next year to do music if I get the grades.

MB
Lokolo

hmmm actually I am doing A level and never did GCSE

Latest

Trending

Trending