The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Weejimmie
As long as it's the ace of trumps and it exists up my sleeve.

i know it was a darn mistake....ok :rolleyes: i corrected it..
it would b a bit boring tho, no fights or anything
That's what I was thinking...too boring.
Reply 4
zazy
I would certainly want to live longer....life would be more enjoyable and safer.... :smile:

Life cant get more safer and enjoyable than it does in Britain (well for a lot of people anyway).

Its a depressing thought but its true. I think that illustrates more what a terrible state the world is in rather than what a good state the UK is in!
Reply 5
yOUR_dESTINY
it would b a bit boring tho, no fights or anything

Would you like to be killed in a dispute???
Reply 6
How do you mean 'if' it existed? There is physical peace and harmony all around if you look for it. However i'd agree mental peace and harmony is much harder to get in this day and age as there are so many distractions for us.
Reply 7
We wouldn't know how good it was as there would be nothing to compare it with. We'd be okay, but never fantastic.
Reply 8
mussed
We wouldn't know how good it was as there would be nothing to compare it with. We'd be okay, but never fantastic.

Where is your imagination? they would keep a few people fighting just to remember :smile:
I completely disagree. A world of 100% peace and harmony would be so monotonous and boring. There would be no motivation to achieve things and make the world a better place if there was nothing to make better. Whilst a world without war, terrorism, disease, famine etc seems like a utopia, it would be too dull!
Reply 10
*tries to quote the Architect from the Matrix*

You know, all that stuff he said about human nature not being able to cope with harmonised surroundings. He had to start all over again and create one with a f***ed up world to keep us all...working(?). Ruined his weekend, it did.
Reply 11
I don't think boredom can be considered a natural human feeling. I do agree though that this utopian world is flawed in that you need war,hate and deceit to appreciate peace,love and truth.I think it was Blaise Pascal who pointed it out.
I think peace and harmony would be impossible to achieve - even if war, famine etc were eliminated, there's still the problem of human nature. Boredom is an issue - I'm sure I'm not the only one who has found myself creating conflict unnecessarily when I'm bored. And there's no way all people would agree all the time, as anyone who's ever experienced consensus decision making can attest. Maybe abolishing the state can take us a step closer to more peaceful and harmonius living though...
Reply 13
We could search for other activities other than spilling blood and guts that would entertain us and prevent boredom.....We're not bloody animals to go round killing eachother...
Reply 14
piginapoke
Oh but we are and we do!

Yeah, i know humans are a form of animal but what seperates us from them if we can't be different?
zazy
We could search for other activities other than spilling blood and guts that would entertain us and prevent boredom.....We're not bloody animals to go round killing eachother...

I don't think conflict always involves killing each other - we develop ideas etc through conflict with other people or ideologies, and the world would be a lot duller without it.
Reply 16
piginapoke
Of course we can be different to animals, as we have sentient thought that can override our animalistic tendencies. Possibly empathy is one of the major differences that is most pertinent here; trouble is, not everyone has it! But, I would imagine (in the absence of any vaguely relevant statistics) that most people in the world are in fact decent people, and relatively few are actually bloodthirsty. When it comes to being sneaky, deceitful, cheating and selfish though that's a different matter!

Exactly, it makes me totally sick and disturbed to see a ****** going round and killing heaps and heaps of people, when there are others on the same hand aiming to save the unhealthy from death...bizzare..isn't it?
Reply 17
piginapoke
Well those are the extremes, and are both probably relatively small in number; most people fall into the middle, i.e. passive.

Don't you think passiveness is just as bad????
I know of many people that would be bone marrow matches and out of total ignorance won't even think of saving someone from death!

Latest

Trending

Trending