drago di giada
wow.. this thread has died since I left.. :frown:

Well at least you've reserected it now.

:tsr:
Reply 362
Please sign me up - I want to join!!!
kew96158
Please sign me up - I want to join!!!

umm.. I think whosewhatsis made this into an open society.. but I could be wrong. :confused:
LittleMissShine
Well at least you've reserected it now.

:tsr:

oh yes!!! GO ME! lol, umm.. what's with the whole TSR deal.. it's kinda dumb.. I liked UKL more.. not to mention the fact that TSR is a publishing house.. :rolleyes:
drago di giada
oh yes!!! GO ME! lol, umm.. what's with the whole TSR deal.. it's kinda dumb.. I liked UKL more.. not to mention the fact that TSR is a publishing house.. :rolleyes:

Yeah I kinda preferred UKL.
Reply 366
drago di giada
umm.. I think whosewhatsis made this into an open society.. but I could be wrong. :confused:

You're right, whosewhatsis did :biggrin: :wink: Also, there's a History forum now, so this society is a bit obsolete... I'm not signing up any more members... too busy.
B00kwOrm
You're right, whosewhatsis did :biggrin: :wink: Also, there's a History forum now, so this society is a bit obsolete... I'm not signing up any more members... too busy.

The forum address is in your sig right?
Reply 368
B00kwOrm

Does that mean I don't get to join, then?
Reply 369
drago di giada
The forum address is in your sig right?

Yes... The link works for me...
Reply 370
kew96158
Does that mean I don't get to join, then?

Of course you can join... it's an open society... I just thought the list would help people find other members, but really it wasn't helpful at all. I might delete it. Most members (like myself) aren't very active. And now that we have the forum, we don't *really* need this society. In my opinion anyway, if somebody wants to carry on the member's list, feel free, but I'm not going to do it.
Reply 371
ARGH

TELL me about the Carolingians!!! or Charlemagne!
Reply 372
charlord
ARGH

TELL me about the Carolingians!!! or Charlemagne!

What do you want to know about them/him? :smile:
Yeah, it worked on mine too.. I just haven't had time to get into the other threads yet.. I've been kinda busy.
Reply 374
B00kwOrm
What do you want to know about them/him? :smile:

anything!!
lol
i have an essay on charlemagne due next week - asking what makes hima unique figure
Reply 375
charlord
anything!!
lol
i have an essay on charlemagne due next week - asking what makes hima unique figure

Ok, my History book says that the main credit that must be given to the Carolingians and esp. to Charlemagne is that under their rule a new occidental Empire emerged, the first since the fall of Rome. Charlemagne ruled over the whole of France (except Brittany; that was only the case again some 900 years later, this time with Brittany)! He also ruled over parts of Spain, more than half of Germany as it is today, northern Italy and Carinthia (in Austria today), so it's really an amazing achievement, the only ruler to be able tocompare himself to him was Napoleon (he saw himself as the new Charlemagne). I think the Carolingians even had a unique currency within their empire, but it didn't last long. Again, this was not done again until a few centuries later and required a strong central government.

Charlemagne also did a lot to encourage education, the arts and the sciences, by building monastries, where knowledge was stored and taught for the centuries to come. He wanted his people to have a common culture. It's called the Carolingian Renaissance.

His military record is very impressive as well: 53 campaigns, out of which the ones against the pagan Saxons and the people of the East were some of the hardest; but he also fought the Maures in Spain.

Alright, that should start you off :smile: Tell me if you need more detail, I just had a glance at my old French history book. Check the details though, I might have made some mistakes! But at least it gives you an overview. Good luck.
Reply 376
Hello,
I am interested in joining the 'UKL History Society'. My interests in history include: The Third Reich, The Cold War, Military History, The Rise Of Fascism In Italy 1919-1925, Germany 1919-1945, The American Civil War and the reign on Henry the VIII.
Miami
Hello,
I am interested in joining the 'UKL History Society'. My interests in history include: The Third Reich, The Cold War, Military History, The Rise Of Fascism In Italy 1919-1925, Germany 1919-1945, The American Civil War and the reign on Henry the VIII.

See the link in my sig for the UKL hist soc? Go there, this thread is kind of dead now.. they've made a separate subforum.
Reply 378
hey everone thats into history, i want to join this lil club im planning on doing history at university hopefully LSE (fingers crossed!)
Reply 379
B00kwOrm
Could all members please put a link in their sig or say they're a member, that way other people can find us...

OO OO Can I join?

Latest

Trending

Trending