The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Voice projection! and act like you are interested in the story.
Reply 2
Dance with joy and sing "Allelujiah!" when you realise the third lil piggy won't get his house blown down.
Reply 3
Assuming this is for fairly youg kids, give the characters voices and use those. Bit of drama never did anyone any harm. Do you already know the story? if so get practicing.
sashh
Assuming this is for fairly youg kids, give the characters voices and use those. Bit of drama never did anyone any harm. Do you already know the story? if so get practicing.

Well, I did think of asking the teacher for the story beforehand for me to prepare but was worried she might think I was taking it too seriously, as it's only for 7 year olds. Imo, it's much more difficult to engage the interest of young children though, because you have to questions that are not too difficult or easy for them, get into character and maintain discipline at the same time.

Everdawn, lack of voice projection-that's my ultimate downfall! Sometimes I need to shout at the kids to keep things from turning chaotic but my voice emerges quietly and unclearly-because naturally I'm not a booming voice type peson. It amazes me how these teacher's can just come out with these loud, long rants on the spur of the moment-I would need to build myself up for it!

Latest

Trending

Trending