The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Went to school with Eurovision winner, who was in the year above. How's that for the winner?
My great great (however many) grandfather was the basis of the character Silas Marner.
Reply 3
erm this has done loads of time but:

I used to know Rob Gretton to see hello to (he was the late New Order/Joy Division manager and Hacienda co-owner) his kids went to the same primrary school as me as at the same time.

I live 1/4 of mile away from Badly Drawn Boy, he is practicaly a neighbour, I've seen him about a few times.

The Bee Gee's went to the same primary school as me and were bought up on the next road.

Sir Matt Busby also lived 1/2 of a mile away from me and went to one of my local churches he also used the same barbers I go to.

I've seen a lot of corrie actors out and about.
Reply 4
I'm related to our next prime minister and current chancelor, Gordon Brown.
Reply 5
Daveo
I'm related to our next prime minister and current chancelor, Gordon Brown.

No wonder you have all that money to spend :biggrin:
Reply 6
ZJuwelH
No wonder you have all that money to spend :biggrin:
Unfortunately it doesn't affect my personal riches in anyway at all :rolleyes: :tongue:
Reply 7
I live on the same road as comedian Phil Jupitas.
Reply 8
a friends dad went to school with gary lineker (spl?) thats one teneous (spl!) link!

dad went to school with an england squad rugby player....whats his name...

ahhhh i give up, cant spell can type cant do anything..
Reply 9
My dads math teacher wrote Cliff Richard's Myasatoe and Wine and the them tune to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
Reply 10
My mate lives next door to Jlloyd Samuel's brother. Not saying it's my claim to fame but.
Reply 11
amazingtrade
Myasatoe

Mistletoe? :wink:
Some guys in a bar in England thought I was famous and asked if they could have their picture taken with me.

I have signed and given away a ton of baseballs to mostly kids in the South of France, when playing in international Tournaments out there.

Being an All-Star.
Reply 13
Wow, our very own celebrity here at UKL!! :biggrin:
Reply 14
My Cousin is in the same course as Rose Byrne (soon of Troy fame) at Sydney Uni. His sister is a Morrissey model. Their mother is an entertainment reporter. I go with her when im in Sydeny becuase she knows how much I love "The shining ones"

One of my best mates was in Peter Pan. As for me, well I was trapped in an Elevator with Merrick And Rosso for half an hour. And I asked a question on the Glass House.

Someone did think that I was Antonia Kidman one day though... very strange...

EDIT: Oh, my brother knows Elton Flatley.
amazingtrade
My dads math teacher wrote Cliff Richard's Myasatoe and Wine and the them tune to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

He used to go to my school. I win. :biggrin:
Reply 16
I shook Bill Clinton's hand, once. Not exactly a claim to fame - more a brush with greatness. He's quite tall, by the way.
Reply 17
interiority
You shook his hand? You don't know where it's been! Or rather, we all know too well...

I washed it afterwards, needless to say.
Reply 18
amazingtrade

I live 1/4 of mile away from Badly Drawn Boy, he is practicaly a neighbour, I've seen him about a few times.

LOL. I thought you lived in Salford, not the Outer Hebrides.
Reply 19
I'm distantly related to Tim Henman.

Latest

Trending

Trending