The Student Room Group

Todays GCSE English lit. exam chat..

So then guys, what did you all think of the gcse english lit exam?? I've just come home from finishing the exam and i've got to admit it wasn't as hard as i thought it would have been. I do AQA exam board and the question were alrite, not too hard but not easy.

Which questions did you do? I did question 15 and 23 (23 being the one with two parts!!) and quesiton
15 was on Catcher in the rye. I wrote 6 pages altogether, how about you??

Well hope you all did well and get good marks!! Don't know about you but i'm on 2 down 11 more exams to go! 23rd june i finish!!

Scroll to see replies

Tribi18
So then guys, what did you all think of the gcse english lit exam?? I've just come home from finishing the exam and i've got to admit it wasn't as hard as i thought it would have been. I do AQA exam board and the question were alrite, not too hard but not easy.

Which questions did you do? I did question 15 and 23 (23 being the one with two parts!!) and quesiton
15 was on Catcher in the rye. I wrote 6 pages altogether, how about you??

Well hope you all did well and get good marks!! Don't know about you but i'm on 2 down 11 more exams to go! 23rd june i finish!!

I did 3 and 24. I've wrote what I though about it on my A / A* thread.

I hope you get the results you want. :smile: Yay, and maths is after half term.
Reply 2
happysunshine
I did 3 and 24. I've wrote what I though about it on my A / A* thread.

I hope you get the results you want. :smile: Yay, and maths is after half term.

OO sorry i haven't seen ya thread..Opss. Ye i'm really glad maths is after half term too!! At least we've got this next weekt o do solid revision eh! :smile:
Reply 3
I did 7 and 23. It went fairly well but I could have done better. Will probably get a B. I did AQA too.
Reply 4
I wrote 10 sides. I thought that it went alright.

I did questions: 2, and 25.

About setting and emotions.

i looked at the one with two parts and I had never seen anything like that before. I thought I better not risk it.

I talked about:

Stories: Flight & Superman...

And Poems: Havisham, On My first Sonne, Sonnet 130 and Mother any distance...
Reply 5
hey all, i did about 5 sides, woah man you did 10, what did you write about? my "of mice and men thing went terrible!!! :frown:
i did questions, 7 and 20 i think!
its best to know what other people have done as it make you keep thinksing what could i have done differently and could i have done more? a bit like the guy who wrote 10 pages
hope you all did well!!! :smile:
i did the aqa lit exam but i found it really hard. i can't remember the no's i did except for 42. the others i did were an inspector calls and poems from other centuries as well as of mice and men.

the questions were well difficult for my texts, but it seems as thought everyone elses was easy!

anyways good luck with the rest of the exams!
Reply 7
vmong
hey all, i did about 5 sides, woah man you did 10, what did you write about? my "of mice and men thing went terrible!!! :frown:
i did questions, 7 and 20 i think!
its best to know what other people have done as it make you keep thinksing what could i have done differently and could i have done more? a bit like the guy who wrote 10 pages
hope you all did well!!! :smile:

Is that sarcastic?
vmong
hey all, i did about 5 sides

phew, I did 3 and a half. My writing did fit the lines perfectly with no blank spaces though. *shrugs*
Well that exam wasn't good that's all I know I'm not going to define my grade but all I do know is that I con myself by doing little revision the night before and staying up all night. I don't recommend it. I'll pass the English language one but I'm definately not sure about this. Waste of a years work really sad.. I put effort into classwork and some into the coursework and got As Bs and a C.
Reply 10
happysunshine
phew, I did 3 and a half. My writing did fit the lines perfectly with no blank spaces though. *shrugs*

hey thanks for your post and I'm already sitting in that corner banging my head against the wall, but hey some would call it fun :biggrin:

I'm sure you did fine! I'm going to start doing revision for my other subjects knowing that one of the worst ones is out of the way :smile:
Fantasy`
Well that exam wasn't good that's all I know I'm not going to define my grade but all I do know is that I con myself by doing little revision the night before and staying up all night. I don't recommend it. I'll pass the English language one but I'm definately not sure about this. Waste of a years work really sad.. I put effort into classwork and some into the coursework and got As Bs and a C.

Right guys, don't worry. We all thought it was hard and mucked it up, so the grade boundaries for top grades will become lower. So we still have a chance.

Anyway Fantasy I feel the same.
me!

hey thanks for your post and I'm already sitting in that corner banging my head against the wall, but hey some would call it fun :biggrin:

I'm sure you did fine! I'm going to start doing revision for my other subjects knowing that one of the worst ones is out of the way :smile:

No, you're not in that corner. :tongue:

I'm going to revise more now, I've learnt my lesson. And plus maths and science are a lot funner. :tongue: heh
Reply 13
That English lit was hard. I couldn't even concentrate in the exam as I hadn't any sleep. I told my teacher what I wrote about of mice and men and he said it fine, but I am very worried about the poems. i hope I just pass
Reply 14
samdavyson
I wrote 10 sides. I thought that it went alright.

i looked at the one with two parts and I had never seen anything like that before. I thought I better not risk it.
And Poems: Havisham, On My first Sonne, Sonnet 130 and Mother any distance...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YA DID 10 PAGES!! LOL.. Thats amazing to do in one hour 3/4!!
Ye i did the questionw ith two parts, i never saw it either but i didn't like the other questions. Also it divided the 36marks into 2 so not all 26 marks were on just that one question so if i cocked up on one question it wouldn't b AS bad.. no wot i mean??
Reply 15
happysunshine
No, you're not in that corner. :tongue:

I'm going to revise more now, I've learnt my lesson. And plus maths and science are a lot funner. :tongue: heh

Well they are ceratinly more revisable.
Reply 16
samdavyson
Well they are ceratinly more revisable.

Definatly!! mind you for history theres sooo much to revise!! it does my head in.. does anyone else do history AQA??
Reply 17
I am doing History AQA.

Studying: USA / Germany for Paper 2.

And: Causes of WW1, Treaty of Versailles, LoN, until Start of Cold War for Paper 1.
I agree you can revise them. There aren't even any English Literature revison guides bar the CGP one which is utter crap and is joined with Language. I bought three English revision guides thinking they'd cover Literature too, but they didn't.

History is okay to revise 'cause it asks you in parts unlike fucking Literature. I fucking hate GCSEs and everyone can think again if they believe I'm going to take 4 A-levels. :tongue:
Reply 19
samdavyson
I am doing History AQA.

Studying: USA / Germany for Paper 2.

And: Causes of WW1, Treaty of Versailles, LoN, until Start of Cold War for Paper 1.

Oh u lucky person!! :smile: I'm doing to other choice (sadly) ya'know medicine through time and american west

what is the usa/germany like?is there much 2 revise for that ?

Latest

Trending

Trending