The Student Room Group

best unis for media studies?

Looking for the best place; projected grades are all in A and Bs; looked at Guardian table, but what I really want to know is how the outside world (i.e. people who pay salaries after you graduate) rate the different unis for media studies.

Currently considering Bournemouth, Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths...

Anybody help, either with good advice, or with pointers on how to get the answers I need....?
Reply 1
I'm not being rude here, but you seem to be keen on how employers view media studies degrees. If you are, I have one piece of advice...

Stay away from any media studies courses at uni. :tongue: Oh and never EVER pay any attention to The Guardian. :wink:
Reply 2
Well mate, Im planning on getting involved in the media in some form after I graduate but Im applying for economics courses. Planning to get invovled in advertising in a media executive role. Hopefully.

Apparently the best way to get up the ranks in television is to start off as a runner and make contacts to get up there. Uni not really essential.

Try www.shootingpeople.co.uk for mailings and advice.

Good Luck.
Reply 3
Vitriol01
I'm not being rude here, but you seem to be keen on how employers view media studies degrees. If you are, I have one piece of advice...

Stay away from any media studies courses at uni. :tongue: Oh and never EVER pay any attention to The Guardian. :wink:

I agree.

Latest

Trending

Trending