The Student Room Group

EPQ on dreaming (psychology)

wondering if anyone has done an epq on dreaming and if they had a good main question to title the essay? I want to look at lucid dreaming, the meaning of dreams and its relation to the subconscious mind. Any insight would be helpful :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Taliasb
wondering if anyone has done an epq on dreaming and if they had a good main question to title the essay? I want to look at lucid dreaming, the meaning of dreams and its relation to the subconscious mind. Any insight would be helpful :smile:

Hey I didn't do my EPQ on dreams, but I did a separate project on it, called: 'the cognitive neuropsychology behind sleep disorders and dream analysis'. I think because the three things you want to focus on are quite different, you should probably go for a more broad EPQ title as that will allow you to focus on the different areas and then link them together. Your EPQ title is just a 'working title' until the day you send it off to be marked, so it might be that you only come up with your final title towards the end of your project once you have more info, know how they all fit together and have a conclusion etc (basically don't worry too much about the title at this stage).

I don't have any knowledge on lucid dreaming, but I did a lot of research into the meaning of dreams and Freud's subconscious mind. When is your EPQ deadline? Obviously difficult at the moment because of COVID but for my dreams project I went to London for a few days and visited some different professionals. I contacted the Institute of Psychoanalysis, the Freud Museum and Guy's Hospital, and there were plenty of people willing to meet with me to discuss their understanding of dreams. It's definitely worth emailing because they might be able to do a zoom call with you or something? Also AQA love it when people include an interview or some sort of primary research themselves, so would help you to get top marks :smile:

I got an A* in my EPQ (the relationship between autism spectrum disorders and mental health) so happy to answer any other questions to do with ur project x
Hi I’m starting my EPQ soon how do I structure my essay
Reply 4
Original post by claguem01
Hey I didn't do my EPQ on dreams, but I did a separate project on it, called: 'the cognitive neuropsychology behind sleep disorders and dream analysis'. I think because the three things you want to focus on are quite different, you should probably go for a more broad EPQ title as that will allow you to focus on the different areas and then link them together. Your EPQ title is just a 'working title' until the day you send it off to be marked, so it might be that you only come up with your final title towards the end of your project once you have more info, know how they all fit together and have a conclusion etc (basically don't worry too much about the title at this stage).

I don't have any knowledge on lucid dreaming, but I did a lot of research into the meaning of dreams and Freud's subconscious mind. When is your EPQ deadline? Obviously difficult at the moment because of COVID but for my dreams project I went to London for a few days and visited some different professionals. I contacted the Institute of Psychoanalysis, the Freud Museum and Guy's Hospital, and there were plenty of people willing to meet with me to discuss their understanding of dreams. It's definitely worth emailing because they might be able to do a zoom call with you or something? Also AQA love it when people include an interview or some sort of primary research themselves, so would help you to get top marks :smile:

I got an A* in my EPQ (the relationship between autism spectrum disorders and mental health) so happy to answer any other questions to do with ur project x

Hey I’m doing my EPQ on dreams aswell. I’m thinking of going into either how/if they are linked to the subconscious or how physical factors can affect them like gender. I was wondering if you had any resources you recommend or just any advice would be so helpful.
Original post by claguem01

hi this was really helpful because im alos interested in the exact same things! im just worried that if i start my EPQ on the topic of dreams etc (like Taliasb said), i wont have enough information to write about as the subject of dreams is still not very known and researchers are still trying to figure out how dreams really work etc. What do you suggest?
Reply 6
Original post by Francisgd
Hey I’m doing my EPQ on dreams aswell. I’m thinking of going into either how/if they are linked to the subconscious or how physical factors can affect them like gender. I was wondering if you had any resources you recommend or just any advice would be so helpful.

Sorry but I didn’t end up doing it on dreams :/
Reply 7
Original post by Francisgd

Sorry I didn’t end up doing it on dreams in the end I choose a different topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending