The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

The University of Hull - Ask a Hull Student 2021

Hi everyone,

We are a team of student ambassadors who are at various stages in our academic lives.
Between us, we cover a range of backgrounds which applicants may come from when they initially begin their studies such as being a Mature Student, an International Student, or a student who applied to university through clearing. We also have experience of completing a foundation year and going on a year abroad as part of our studies.

The following information is a brief description as to who we are and the courses we study:

Emily- PhD History ( Previously studied both MA and BA History at Hull)
Christopher - BA Chinese Studies
Gabrielle- BA Criminology with sociology
Megan- MSc Advertising and Marketing (previously did BA marketing at Hull)
Dhruvika- BSc Biomedical Science
Anotidaishe- LLB Law
Elizabeth - LLB Law

If you have any questions about our courses, what it is like to study at Hull, etc. then please ask below and we will do our best to help and respond to any queries which you may have :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi I'm wondering what the athletics club and facilities are like, are students able to use the track for training, is there coaching?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by Bexsterrh22
Hi I'm wondering what the athletics club and facilities are like, are students able to use the track for training, is there coaching?

Hi @Bexsterrh22

We have an Athletics Club at the university.
Hull University Athletics Club encompasses track, field and cross-country sports. We are a competitive club that is open to anyone: whether you are a novice, who would like to give new events a try or an established athlete, who would like to develop their events with professional coaches; everyone is welcome to join us on the track (or field)! Unlike other clubs, we all train together, so there is a very strong team atmosphere right from the start. The club is all about the motto ‘work hard, play hard’ and will do its best to provide enjoyable training programmes and really fun socials for all of its members. So, if you are looking for a fantastic experience and the chance to meet life-long friends, then Hull University Athletics Club is definitely for you!

If you would like to find out about the club i would advise contacting the club. Their details are available on the Hull University Students' Union website - https://hulluniunion.com/join-in/sports

Emily
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi @Bexsterrh22

We have an Athletics Club at the university.
Hull University Athletics Club encompasses track, field and cross-country sports. We are a competitive club that is open to anyone: whether you are a novice, who would like to give new events a try or an established athlete, who would like to develop their events with professional coaches; everyone is welcome to join us on the track (or field)! Unlike other clubs, we all train together, so there is a very strong team atmosphere right from the start. The club is all about the motto ‘work hard, play hard’ and will do its best to provide enjoyable training programmes and really fun socials for all of its members. So, if you are looking for a fantastic experience and the chance to meet life-long friends, then Hull University Athletics Club is definitely for you!

If you would like to find out about the club i would advise contacting the club. Their details are available on the Hull University Students' Union website - https://hulluniunion.com/join-in/sports

Emily

Hello @Bexsterrh22

Just to add on what Emily has said, I am a member of the Athletics team. Last semester we would have a track session and a fitness session every week run by a coach.

Let me know if there are any further questions!

Gabrielle- University of Hull Rep
Reply 4
Hi, i’ve just received an unconditional offer from hull uni doing criminology with forensic science, but i’m currently in full time work and plan to work part time alongside university.
What are the class timetables like? How many days a week are you actually at university?
Original post by mykyeeh
Hi, i’ve just received an unconditional offer from hull uni doing criminology with forensic science, but i’m currently in full time work and plan to work part time alongside university.
What are the class timetables like? How many days a week are you actually at university?

Hi @mykyeeh

Congratulations on your offer.

It really depends on the number of contact hours you have per a module ( 3 modules per trimester) and how timetabling put together your schedule for each Trimester.
You will typically have scheduled teaching hours for Lectures, possibly Seminars, Tutorials, Labs / Workshops etc.
These can be scheduled Monday - Friday between 9am and 6pm usually.
The timetable usually gets released a couple of weeks before the beginning of the trimester (September & January).
Every student does however have Wednesday afternoons off timetable to facilitate participation in activities such as sports, societies etc and it is up to you as a student as to how you use your Wednesday afternoon.

If you haven't already, I would advise signing up to attend one of our Applicant experience days which you should have received an invite for. You will be able to get a further understanding of how many contact hours are scheduled for each module

Alternatively, you can chat with one of our current Criminology students via our Ask a Student page on the website, who might be able to give you an idea as to how many hours of teaching they had on their timetable for some of their modules - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

Hope this helps

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
hi, just wondering if any know the exact term dates for biomed this year or where to find them?
Hi yomboje

I did just post this on another thread, but you can find key dates here on the website https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/study-at-hull/need-to-know/key-dates . I wouldn't use this thread as it doesn't get used often as it is from 2021!

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador
Hi, im an international student candidates, and i plan to apply MSc Business and Management at Hull University. I have some questions about Hull:- Do you have any information about MSc in Business and Management with internship program? I wonder what kind of internship that we have to do? And is it convenient for me, as an international student to do internship?- How much (approximately) we have to pay for 2-bedroom accomodation near campus (business school)?- Is it easy to find part-time job in Hull?I think its quite many questions for now and i really appreciate if you can make time to reply my questions :smile:Thank you so much!
Reply 9
How long does hull take to respond for early applications?

Quick Reply

Latest