The Student Room Group

NEA

Im doing an NEA on The tenant of Wildfell hall through the feminist lens, if anyone has any resources or advise about it or just NEAs in English literature aqa a-level in general...it would be much appreciated
i just got an a on my nea and my main advice would be:
1. actually read your books - so many of my friends didn't and really struggled as silly as that sounds
2. make a quote bank as you read so for each theme your going to talk about in your essay make a list of each quote
3. highlight the literacy devices in each quote so when you write it you can target A02
4. read a ride range of sources (british library ect..) and keep a list of everything you read and made a document with the best critic quotes
5. i do wjec so may be slighlty different but when you write your essay and are redrafting go through with different coloured highlighters and colour code each ao - you'll realise some of your paragraphs are only one or two colours rather than a mix of 4/5
hope this is helpful and let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by kakalaka06
1. actually read your books - so many of my friends didn't and really struggled as silly as that sounds
2. make a quote bank as you read so for each theme your going to talk about in your essay make a list of each quote
3. highlight the literacy devices in each quote so when you write it you can target A02
4. read a ride range of sources (british library ect..) and keep a list of everything you read and made a document with the best critic quotes
5. i do wjec so may be slighlty different but when you write your essay and are redrafting go through with different coloured highlighters and colour code each ao - you'll realise some of your paragraphs are only one or two colours rather than a mix of 4/5

Thanks so much..ill be usre to ask if I have any more Qs

Could you provide me a website or link for example NEA questions to do with feminism-thats the lens I am doing my essay through
Original post by Chickenunicorn17
Could you provide me a website or link for example NEA questions to do with feminism-thats the lens I am doing my essay through

i havent got a website in particular but my english teacher said the best format for a question is (statment) in light of this statment, compare and contrast the ways in which (author) in (book) and (author) in (book) present....

I found my phrase my going through old exam papers and finding one that fit my question, and some of my friends used critic quotes as their statments.

Here are some examples of people I know who did feminism questions :smile:
1. “Both novels make clear that women can never be independent and free from men’s influence.” In the light of this statement, compare and contrast E.M Forster and Rooney’s portrayal of patriarchy’s influence on the female characters in Room with a View and Normal People.

2.“Both writers reserve their harshest criticism to the treatment of young women.” In the light of this statement, compare and contrast the ways in which Forster and Niffenegger present women's lives in “A Room With A View” and “The Time Traveller’s Wife”.
i havent got a website in particular but my english teacher said the best format for a question is (statment) in light of this statment, compare and contrast the ways in which (author) in (book) and (author) in (book) present....

I found my phrase my going through old exam papers and finding one that fit my question, and some of my friends used critic quotes as their statments.

Here are some examples of people I know who did feminism questions :smile:
1. “Both novels make clear that women can never be independent and free from men’s influence.” In the light of this statement, compare and contrast E.M Forster and Rooney’s portrayal of patriarchy’s influence on the female characters in Room with a View and Normal People.

2.“Both writers reserve their harshest criticism to the treatment of young women.” In the light of this statement, compare and contrast the ways in which Forster and Niffenegger present women's lives in “A Room With A View” and “The Time Traveller’s Wife”.

thanks so much, im prob going to have a look at some example qs and see if anything fits, I am doing aqa english lit b, so my NEA for this year is on one text only...so i wont be able to do any comparison q but u just gave me an idea, illtry to look at a larger variety of example qs and any that fit..i will just adjust

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending