The Student Room Group

IDK I'm lost.

So Im judging my looks.

My friends tell me that I am attractive.

My mum tells me that I am ugly when she tells me whats making me ugly. But because of my culture my parents want to basically choose my partner so basically they are doing it on purpose to make sure Im not in a relationship that they intend.

I do catch girls at public similar age to me staring for quite a long time. Apparently it means that the girl thinks that I am beautiful according to my friends.

On apps such as Wizz (BTEC Tinder) I am trying to be ina relationship but it seems that I am not even getting replies when I first messaged. Apparently guys spam a lot so girls cant read all messages so that's why they are stuck in that position.

I have cold-approached before and it did work. 3/5.

So I am stuck to know if I am attractive. My friends tell me to be confident with myself which is key but then its what I experience that's making me less confident.

I've included a picture of myself if anyone want to give an honest answer.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/017m1g7mPj7qXaSZAf3eXSgow

Does anyone know any tips to become more attractive as an 18 yr old.

BTW my hair is wavy/curly but wanna grow it out as much as possible.
Original post by zayn_24
So Im judging my looks.

My mum tells me that I am ugly when she tells me whats making me ugly. But because of my culture my parents want to basically choose my partner so basically they are doing it on purpose to make sure Im not in a relationship that they intend.

I do catch girls at public similar age to me staring for quite a long time. Apparently it means that the girl thinks that I am beautiful according to my friends.

On apps such as Wizz (BTEC Tinder) I am trying to be ina relationship but it seems that I am not even getting replies when I first messaged. Apparently guys spam a lot so girls cant read all messages so that's why they are stuck in that position.

So I am stuck to know if I am attractive. My friends tell me to be confident with myself which is key but then its what I experience that's making me less confident.

bro youre a good looking guy . defo above average in terms of looks idk why your parents hating like that. to the naked eye u defo good looking bro
Reply 2
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
bro youre a good looking guy . defo above average in terms of looks idk why your parents hating like that. to the naked eye u defo good looking bro

Then IDK why I am not in a relationship.

I've been trying since Nov to be in a relationship but just looks like girls aren't interested in me.

Just feeling of hopelessness.
Reply 3
My mind is messed up I dont know who to listen all the girls and woman say I am unattractive or have an attitutude that I am unattractive and the boys say I am attractive.
Reply 4
Original post by zayn_24

I've been trying since Nov to be in a relationship but just looks like girls aren't interested in me.

It has nothing to do with your looks, your self esteem is getting in the way...
BTW, you look good!
Reply 5
Original post by Kathy89
It has nothing to do with your looks, your self esteem is getting in the way...
BTW, you look good!

How can I improve my self-esteem?

Girls find tall boys attractive. I am 5 10 so I am in the middle. But my friends who are 5 7 are so confident in themselves that I don't know how they got that self-esteem. One reason is that they have been in relationships and girls find them attractive. BTW their face is alright but no because I still feel like my features make me better looking than them.

I feel so bs about myself when I get negative comments.
Reply 6
Original post by zayn_24
How can I improve my self-esteem?

Girls find tall boys attractive. I am 5 10 so I am in the middle. But my friends who are 5 7 are so confident in themselves that I don't know how they got that self-esteem. One reason is that they have been in relationships and girls find them attractive. BTW their face is alright but no because I still feel like my features make me better looking than them.

I feel so bs about myself when I get negative comments.

Stop caring so much about looks and comments.
Original post by zayn_24

i get what your saying but it's both ways for me cause i'm pan & genderfluid & all the boys say i look ugly some say i'm leng the girls say i'm alright some say i'm pretty but honestly idk
Reply 8
Original post by TheBlackRabbit56
i get what your saying but it's both ways for me cause i'm pan & genderfluid & all the boys say i look ugly some say i'm leng the girls say i'm alright some say i'm pretty but honestly idk

Sme that's what I am confused.

When someone calls me ugly I'm literally debating whether its truth.

Can anyone give an honest opinion.

What would you rate me out of 10.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/017m...qXaSZAf3eXSgow
Reply 9
Original post by zayn_24
Sme that's what I am confused.

When someone calls me ugly I'm literally debating whether its truth.

Can anyone give an honest opinion.

What would you rate me out of 10.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/017m...qXaSZAf3eXSgow

Rating on appearance are normally pretty useless because people dont know how to use a scale properly and view 7 as being the good mark as opposed to 5 which it should be. U are definitely an attractive guy, but there are a lot more things that go into liking someone, personality and confidence like uve said before is obviously key, but theres also just luck. If u just arent talking to people who naturally like what u like, are like u, u aint gonna get anywhere with them
Original post by zayn_24
So Im judging my looks.

just saying there is more to guy than looks .... for me its kindness , treat people well , be a really posivie person ,people will like being around you

Quick Reply

Latest