The Student Room Group

Primary Education BA

What does the weekly timetable look like for a primary education student?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by manzila.38s
What does the weekly timetable look like for a primary education student?

Hi there!

I am a second year primary education student at York St John University. I can't exactly tell you what the timetable looks for everyone because different universities will have different timetables. At my uni, the timetable is different each week. We can be in uni between 9am and 7pm (although very rarely that late) sitting in lectures and workshops. From first to second year the time in uni increased too. Sometimes, you may not even be in uni during the day. Then, towards the end of the year, we have a block of placement after our assignments have all been handed in (no exams) and we will be in school from about 7.30/8 until whenever you leave school. The university found our placements for us but we were given the option to find somewhere ourselves if we wanted to. You tend to be in uni most/all days of the week for quite a few hours compared to other courses I've spoken to.

I have a friend at a different university however, and she had different placements in her first year- going into Early years once a week for 6 weeks despite being on the 5-11 route. Her timetable is different every week also.

It all depends on the university, but primary ed tends to be quite an intense course. It is super exciting, informative and rewarding though!

Hope that helps!
Rachel- YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending