The Student Room Group

Bartender Trial Shift

Hello TSR,
I recently managed to get a trial shift at a club, however, I have no bartending experience, so I'm a bit at a loss on what or how I should prepare. If anyone here has any tips or resources or something, they'd be much appreciated.
Original post by Redrick_Schuart
Hello TSR,
I recently managed to get a trial shift at a club, however, I have no bartending experience, so I'm a bit at a loss on what or how I should prepare. If anyone here has any tips or resources or something, they'd be much appreciated.

Well, if you don't have any experience then they're not exactly going to expect much from you. Take it easy.

It's funny because I do have a long list of resources on how to do a lot of things, but I think you're kind of jumping ahead with this.
A concern with giving you too many resources is that you end up doing what you think is correct instead of how the manager wants you to do things (the standardised way vs their way). Bar work isn't always an exact science, so you need a bit of leeway for some things.

I think your first shift would mostly be cleaning glasses, since that's the most straightforward of the duties that you would end up doing. Restocking bottles would be another as well as keeping the bar clean.
The thing you would have to bear in mind is that when it's busy you would be rushed off your feet, and your main focus is to keep on top of things and work fast.

If it's a small bar with 1-3 other people, you might take on more jobs but I very much doubt it.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
Well, if you don't have any experience then they're not exactly going to expect much from you. Take it easy.
It's funny because I do have a long list of resources on how to do a lot of things, but I think you're kind of jumping ahead with this.
A concern with giving you too many resources is that you end up doing what you think is correct instead of how the manager wants you to do things (the standardised way vs their way). Bar work isn't always an exact science, so you need a bit of leeway for some things.
I think your first shift would mostly be cleaning glasses, since that's the most straightforward of the duties that you would end up doing. Restocking bottles would be another as well as keeping the bar clean.
The thing you would have to bear in mind is that when it's busy you would be rushed off your feet, and your main focus is to keep on top of things and work fast.
If it's a small bar with 1-3 other people, you might take on more jobs but I very much doubt it.

hiya i know this is late but would u be able to share the resources?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending