The Student Room Group

Getting a car with PCP with a part time job whilst at UNI

I’m at uni and have a part time job where I earn around 8000 a year, my credit score is good, im just wondering if it’s likely I could get accepted for pcp on a brand new car? If anyone has any experience on whether they got accepted for pcp with low income please let me know!
Reply 1
Original post by Henners1
I’m at uni and have a part time job where I earn around 8000 a year, my credit score is good, im just wondering if it’s likely I could get accepted for pcp on a brand new car? If anyone has any experience on whether they got accepted for pcp with low income please let me know!

Why do you want to buy a car?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Why do you want to buy a car?

VW POLO
Reply 3
VW POLO

Why buy a car though? Check insurance costs and that you can park at uni.
Reply 4
Why buy a car though? Check insurance costs and that you can park at uni.

Parking and insurance isn’t a problem. I really do need a car though and pcp seems viable
Reply 5
Parking and insurance isn’t a problem. I really do need a car though and pcp seems viable

You will end up aas a taxi service if you aren't careful ... what % interest are you paying?

When my son graduated and needed a car to get to work he got a 0% deal before he'd actually started the job.
Reply 6
You will end up aas a taxi service if you aren't careful ... what % interest are you paying?

When my son graduated and needed a car to get to work he got a 0% deal before he'd actually started the job.

That’s exactly what my parents said when I told them. But it would make life so much easier. I’m visiting the dealership on Friday to see what deal I can get. Just worried I’ll get declined pcp as I’m on low income. But my credit score is good so do you think I have a chance at getting accepted. It’s encouraging to hear about your sons deal 😊
Reply 7
That’s exactly what my parents said when I told them. But it would make life so much easier. I’m visiting the dealership on Friday to see what deal I can get. Just worried I’ll get declined pcp as I’m on low income. But my credit score is good so do you think I have a chance at getting accepted. It’s encouraging to hear about your sons deal 😊

Look at lots of cars - an Up! will be cheaper and than a Polo. Hyundai i10 and Skoda Citigo also low insurance - obviously interest rates are higher now.

I'd google to see what ofers there are ..
Reply 8
Look at lots of cars - an Up! will be cheaper and than a Polo. Hyundai i10 and Skoda Citigo also low insurance - obviously interest rates are higher now.

I'd google to see what ofers there are ..

Ok I will do! Thanks so much for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending