The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS management clearing

I want to apply to SOAS for clearing for management. Their entry requirements are ABB and it says they “normally” expect a 6/b in maths gcse. I got A*AA in my a levels but a 5/c in maths gcse - do you think I will get declined bc of my maths gcse? City declined me automatically because of my 5 even though my a levels is much higher than their entry requirements - I’m scared SOAS is the same. For other courses, e.g economics SOAS has stated they “require” minimum 7 but for management they used the term “normally expect” do you think this = more leniency? Anyone do management at SOAS who got in with a 5 or lower??
Original post by Anonymous
I want to apply to SOAS for clearing for management. Their entry requirements are ABB and it says they “normally” expect a 6/b in maths gcse. I got A*AA in my a levels but a 5/c in maths gcse - do you think I will get declined bc of my maths gcse? City declined me automatically because of my 5 even though my a levels is much higher than their entry requirements - I’m scared SOAS is the same. For other courses, e.g economics SOAS has stated they “require” minimum 7 but for management they used the term “normally expect” do you think this = more leniency? Anyone do management at SOAS who got in with a 5 or lower??

It is hard to say right now. They may be more lenient on the Maths GCSE grade based on spaces. However, it is possible they ask for a 6 due to the content of the course. This may be why City declined because the maths related content in the course is rated at 7+

You have excellent A-level grades and given the have stated 'normally a minimum' there may be some wiggle room. I would recommend calling SOAS tomorrow - their phone lines open at 8am.

Soas Clearing Hotline +44 0203 912 6580

Good luck 💓
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, congratulations on your grades!

I'm not sure if you have submitted your clearing application already, but if not I would definitely recommend you doing so. There might be some leniency if you took any maths related A-levels like economics.

If you have any queries or want us to clarify anything, please feel free to call our clearing hotline number: 0203 912 6580

Good luck and please let me know if you need any help!

- K (BSc Accounting and Finance)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending