The Student Room Group

1 grade off - still worth trying??

needed A* A* A to get into Warwick but got A* A* B

is it worth calling them to see if they'll accept me still on those grades or is it likely to be a straight no?
Reply 1
What does your UCAS hub say?
If you have the option and you were not declined in UCAS it can't hurt to get in touch and check, you never know! If you have been declined today due to results it's extremely unlikely they will offer you a place on the same course.

Let us know how it goes and if you do need any help after, we are all here!
Reply 3
i can't seem to log on at the moment - keeps crashing. I know i have my 2nd choice grades but hoped to get into warwick. The course i'm doing (maths) is the one got the 2 A* in but it's the Spanish B that is one grade low
Hello,

Congratulations on the grades!

It is certainly worth calling to ask if you can be accepted. You should of had a notification on your UCAS hub too, if you applied for the university originally :smile:

Best of luck!

Scarlett
Original post by coolerking72
needed A* A* A to get into Warwick but got A* A* B

is it worth calling them to see if they'll accept me still on those grades or is it likely to be a straight no?
i can't seem to log on at the moment - keeps crashing. I know i have my 2nd choice grades but hoped to get into warwick. The course i'm doing (maths) is the one got the 2 A* in but it's the Spanish B that is one grade low

They will either have accepted or rejected you. If it is a rejection it is a total waste of everyones time you ringing them. They will have considered your application and rejected you. Time to move on to your insurance.
Reply 6

As above, you just have to wait to see what UCAS says unfortunately, so keep trying (maybe try a different browser too?). The only reason it would be worth calling is if you have no decision on UCAS.
Reply 7
Phoning up and 'pleading' is totally pointless.
You will just get another big fat NO.
Congratulations on your results!

Check UCAS Hub - or if it's still not loading, you can call the university directly to check.
Reply 9
Its worth talking to your school about a re-mark - Warwick will still honour the offer if the grade goes up.
Reply 10
Finally got on and was rejected by Warwick but offer accepted at Loughborough anyway. Thanks for the advice all. I think it's a bit short sighted of Warwick, having got A*A* in maths and further maths, but their loss!! Loughborough looks good anyway
Reply 11
Finally got on and was rejected by Warwick but offer accepted at Loughborough anyway. Thanks for the advice all. I think it's a bit short sighted of Warwick, having got A*A* in maths and further maths, but their loss!! Loughborough looks good anyway

Loughborough is a great Uni - well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending