The Student Room Group

Moving to Wallington Boys as a girl

I applied to Wallington County Grammar school and have got in. At first, i wasn't really planning on moving but now that I have an offer I a considering moving. I am moving from an all girls school nearby and am a bit worried as I will have to meet new friends and I am an introvert so I don't know if I can adjust to a completely different environment. My brother went to a different all boys school and the girls in his mixed sixth form were first who were extroverted and approached other people first. I tend to be quite reserved and may be a bit hesitant. The reason why I want to move from my current school is because I do not really enjoy it here and I am constantly exhausted by the school's rules. Additionally, Wallingtn support my acting which is something my school does not. I am a child actor so I have to take some days off for shoots and auditions.
Reply 1
heyy cgs for getting in!! i'm also going there and am absolutely terrified abt making friends n stuff. i've been in a girls skl for high skl so being in an environment w mainly boys is kinda scaryy ngl 😭😭. do u have any other apps we could talk on?? also i feel you, i'm kinda introverted too and i dont know anyone else going there... i've kinda just been panicking as soon as it actually hit me that i'll be going there.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by enraaaldhh
heyy cgs for getting in!! i'm also going there and am absolutely terrified abt making friends n stuff. i've been in a girls skl for high skl so being in an environment w mainly boys is kinda scaryy ngl 😭😭. do u have any other apps we could talk on?? also i feel you, i'm kinda introverted too and i dont know anyone else going there... i've kinda just been panicking as soon as it actually hit me that i'll be going there.

ive msgd you privately :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by kwakraon
I applied to Wallington County Grammar school and have got in. At first, i wasn't really planning on moving but now that I have an offer I a considering moving. I am moving from an all girls school nearby and am a bit worried as I will have to meet new friends and I am an introvert so I don't know if I can adjust to a completely different environment. My brother went to a different all boys school and the girls in his mixed sixth form were first who were extroverted and approached other people first. I tend to be quite reserved and may be a bit hesitant. The reason why I want to move from my current school is because I do not really enjoy it here and I am constantly exhausted by the school's rules. Additionally, Wallingtn support my acting which is something my school does not. I am a child actor so I have to take some days off for shoots and auditions.

hi! i'm going to be applying for wcgs next year, just to give me an idea of what grades are considered competitive, would you mind letting me know what your gcse results were? thank you <3
Reply 4
Original post by westw00d
hi! i'm going to be applying for wcgs next year, just to give me an idea of what grades are considered competitive, would you mind letting me know what your gcse results were? thank you <3

hi i got an offer but decided to reject it in the end :smile:
these were my results:

maths - 8
english lang - 8
english lit - 8
bio - 8
chem - 8
physics - 8
religious studies - 8
photography - 8
german - 7
music - 6

because i didnt have any 9s and because i got a 6 i didn't think i would get in but i did so do apply! also my grades this time last year were nowhere near what i actually got in the end so if your grades aren't what you hope them to be, still apply to other sixth forms because i made that mistake, i thought that my grades were bad so i didn't bother applying to other sixth forms. :smile:

best of luck with gcses <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending